“Amazing find - not your everyday pizza place”
Review of 1530

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Castleton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Their telephone number is 01433621870. Postcode is S33 8WH. Very impressive restaurant in a small village, and I would love to give them a review. Thanks. Peter Taylor
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

So lucky that my partner found the menu online or we probably would have ended up eating in one of the bog-standard pubs in the vicinity. They offer so much more than pizza but we were both taken by the really interesting and unusual sounding ones. I'm veggie but I opted for The Vegan and my partner went for a beetroot and blue cheesy number. Absolutely delicious - bursting with colour and flavour - and a perfect base. We both had sides rather than starters (we were a bit pressed for time) and the honey, sesame sweet potato fries I had were the best SP fries I've had. Impressively generous portions (we did eat it all, mind - wasn't going to leave any!), the staff were really lovely, and it was a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere. I'd make a point of going back to Castleton and definitely eating here.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an anniversary meal here at a recent stay in Castleton. Whilst the surroundings and the service were very good, the food wasn’t the greatest. I had a pizza which was quite good way wide ordered Lemon chicken which was so overpowered by garlic that it was actually difficult to eat. We did mention it to the staff who were helpful and said they would mention it to chef, but no visit from chef or reduction in the bill. Not terribly expensive but I would try somewhere else on a future visit to Castleton

Reviewed April 10, 2018

Visited Sunday lunch 8th April, we have been here a couple of times in the past to celebrate birthdays, once again excellent food and service, the vegitarian amongst us was particularly delighted with the blackened corn and tofu salad, and the wild mushroom tart it's nice to get away from the usual vegitarian options. The macaroni cheese starter was simply a delight, and the meat platter starter was excellent and just the right amount. Main courses where also superb, a perfectly cooked lamb shank, excellent localy produced beef steak, a fish stew to die for and the aforementioned mushroom tart.
A lovely selection of desserts, but there really is only one choice... The most perfect apple crumble ever!
Excellent service from all the staff, attentive but not overbearing. Thanks once again for a great afternoon out.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our evening at 1530. Attentive service and lovely food with a nice ambiance. We were also pleasantly surprised with the bill which was much less than expected. A shared starter main meal and a bottle of wine for less than £50. We would highly recommend!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We ate here on Easter Saturday, the food is excellent, good choice on the menu, very tasty, well cooked and very good value indeed. The service was good but did not quite live up to the standard of the food. Will definitely return and would highly recommend.