I can only echo whats other have said:
- location 2 min walk from the main street
- you can start your walks straight from the B&B
- very generous breakfast
- friendly owner ready to give tips on the area
- Garden room (double bed) roomy for two with a nice view to the valley. Room has maps and books about the region.
Definitely a recommendable place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly a Gentlemen’s Country Club, Hillside House offers friendly, family run accommodation on the quiet outskirts of the lovely historic village of Castleton. The large country House is set in delightful gardens and provides panoramic views of the Hope Valley and Win Hill, With Lose Hill in the distance.The Present Owner Mrs P.J Webster has been running Hillside House for 26 years and maintains a high standard of Guest Accommodation ETC 4 Diamonds. As a qualified Chef Mrs Webster offers a superb choice of Hearty full English or vegetarian breakfast. In fact any dietary need will be happily catered for. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hillside House Castleton, England