“Excellent stay in Castleton”
Review of Bull's Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castleton
Bull's Head Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Castleton B&B and Inns
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay in Castleton”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

An excellent stay at the Bull's Head.The pub has lots of atmosphere and is very cosy. The staff are all really friendly and the food was lovely, well presented and reasonably priced. We had a lovely room with fantastic views towards Mam Tor. Breakfast next morning was excellent and my husband commented it was one of the best breakfasts he had ever had. We will definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We came for a late lunch after visiting one of the Hope Valley caverns. We liked the log fire, the friendly staff and the comfortable seating.

Our food was generally good, the mixed grill excellent,we felt well fed but the goat's cheese and beetroot a bit disappointing if I'm being picky

Altogether a very pleasant experience in a lovely pub

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The title says it all really. Good pub grub, decent ales, friendly bar staff and a relaxing environment. We had two nights in Castleton and whittled away many an evening hour here. Just right for a bit of R&R.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lancashire
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just a sort of local day out to Castleton and decided to have lunch at the Bulls Head, after being on a diet for ages decided my real treat would be fish and chip. (Something to do with fish & chips deprivation)
Miserable Monday weather so the pub wasn't busy. Had to wait for the meal which isn't a complaint. Would much rather wait and get a freshly cooked meal rather than one that has been standing for ever.
When it came couldn't believe my eyes, hubby and I could have shared it and still had some left over. It should have been served with bread and butter which I declined. The fish wasn't far short of a foot long sat atop a mountain of chips along with mushy peas. Now I'm sure this is an old northern thing, it was served on news paper on top of the plate. Of course it wasn't any old paper it was the Fish & Chips Times I think, with the history of fish and chips.
A nice touch, took me back to my teenage days when you bought fish&chips wrapped in paper and you had something to read.
Excellent service and tasty meal, the problem was couldn't eat it all, didn't have room for a sweat and didn't eat anything else until the following day. I'm sure people must be able to eat such large serving but can I suggest you do smaller pensioner serving then we could treat ourselves to your lovely sounding sweats.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

As part of my planned visit to UK, I was pleasantly surprised with the room and the view towards Winnats Pass. The bathroom was ok but the shower was the smallest I have ever experienced. I enjoyed both breakfast and dinner during my two week stay. The food menu is both long and varied, and would suit all tastes. The quality of food could only be described as excellent. Bar and restaurant service was efficient and friendly and I was well looked after for the whole of my visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kp0vey
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited Castleton for the day and decided to have lunch here, as there was an outside sitting area with views. Service was excellent, staff very friendly. Food came prompt, but cooked fresh. Portion size was generous, and we thought it was excellent value for money. My partner and daughter had the fish & chips, and they ate the lot. They said it was excellent. My daughter finished with the chocolate fudge cake and ice cream, which went down a treat. I can only say that this place serves good food and delivers a good friendly service.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank suzie65_11
UK
Reviewed August 31, 2013

It was a last minute decision to visit the mines around Castleton and we arrived just in time for lunch. We ordered the beef, kidney and ale pie with a choice of potatoes and mixed fresh vegetables along with the cod and chips with mushy peas. The tray sliced pies were very tasty with good quality pastry and well cooked meat which melted in the mouth. The chips were properly home cooked, crispy and dry without a residue of oil. The battered fish would not fit on the plate and the service was very attentive igf perhaps a little slow which is understandable and acceptable if you want freshly prepared food. There is a good selection of real ales and the wines are very drinkable and good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton
Innkeeper's Lodge Castleton, Peak District
Causeway House
Causeway House
#2 of 13 in Castleton
Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese Inn

Been to Bull's Head Inn? Share your experiences!