“Excellent gourmet pub”

The Nag's Head Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Nag's Head at Castle Donington has been under new management since 18 June 2015 and is at the heart of a thriving village. It is open all day every day and offers great freshly-cooked food. Jad Otaki and his team will give you the warmest of welcomes - come and visit us soon!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent gourmet pub”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This pub which serves food is a hidden gem with a Mediterranean menu with well priced food and wine to accompany or good beer if you prefer. Well worth a visit and you are likely to return as we have.

• Visited March 2013

Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Outstanding.
We visited the Nags Head on Saturday evening and from start to finish the whole experience was fantastic. The setting was beautiful, service was first class and the food was exceptional. We will definitely be returning and recommending to everyone we know.
Thank you John and Claudia for a fantastic experience.

Dean H.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Dean H
“Dissapointing, won't be returning...”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited the Nags Head for Sunday lunch, firstly we were very dissapointed with the lack of choice on the set menu, some very odd options for a sunday menu! When the food arrived it was very average, eatable but not overally enjoyable or tradinal. Service was slow as there was one waiter serving the whole restuarant. Its a shame this good located pub has gone down hill. We will not be returning.

5 Thank HollyOrme
johnandclaudia b, Owner at The Nag's Head Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Its a shame when a member of kitchen staff who gets the sack on a Friday night has to ask his friends to write anonymous tripadvisors via theie mobile. By the way you should go back to school and learn how to spell and cook if you want to find work in other kitchens.Claudia
Burrelton
“A fantastic find!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My partner and I went on the hunt for a decent eatery after an unsuccessful attempt to eat at the hotel. We discovered this wonderful place. The staff were welcoming and friendly, the food was outstanding and the value for money exceptional!
All in all a fantastic experience and I would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Derby, England, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Nag's Head was suggested to me by a business associate. I hadn't heard of it before, but I'd I'm so glad I know about it now.

I took a colleague of mine out for lunch and it was lovely. The interior decor was great and not what I was expecting from the outside. The formal restaurant area was a very pleasant surprise.

The food was good value and high quality. The staff were attentive and really friendly - a credit to the establishment.

I can't wait until the weather is better so I can go again but spend more time there. I can imagine spending a lazy Sunday afternoon eating food and drinking in the sun. Bliss.

• Visited February 2013