Stayed one night for scone for a conference in the hotel. Food excellent, both buffet at conference and breakfast in morning. Conference delegates evening meal was slow service and disappointing. Breakfast was very busy and superb. Eggs cooked to order and other cooked food regularly replenished frequently so nothing left sitting for ages.
Rooms modern but silly design flaws like clear glass between bathroom and bedroom so unless you are quite happy washing with your bedroom partner watching, be sure to be careful who you share a room with.
All accessible rooms were taken so we had a normal double which was fine if you don't need grab rails etc, but the loo has a door and is walled off the bathroom which makes the loo a tiny box room, too small for wheelchair user.
Wifi readily available. Good leisure facilities and staff all pleasant apart from a little officious bar manager (Alex) who acknowledged my love for a promotional Amarula lantern to the extent he told me had one of 4 of these lanterns in his home, but I couldn't have the one there on display, because it was for "promotional purposes" ! It later got "stolen" just wondered what the lantern in his home was promoting, especially as I asked nicely, explaining the sentimental reason for my love of Amarula.
Easy to get to off motorway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2016 LUXURY AIRPORT HOTEL OF THE YEAR, AWARDED BY THE LUXURY TRAVEL GUIDE. Offering easy access to East Midlands Airport the new Radisson Blu Hotel is an excellent base for the discerning traveller. Stylish rooms and a first-class conference centre are offered alongside extensive dining options and excellent leisure facilities making it the preferred place to stay for business and leisure guests alike. Rooms: The hotel's 218 contemporary guest rooms are tastefully and stylishly designed with luxury and comfort in mind. With a selection of standard rooms, business class rooms and suites attention to detail is evident throughout. All rooms feature air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities along with 38 inch flat screen televisions and free high speed internet access. Business class rooms and Suites feature extra amenities such as Nespresso(R) coffee machines and free movies. Dining: With an extensive brasserie style menu providing international cuisine choice will be paramount. Guests will be offered a variety of dishes and can choose to dine in the restaurant, lounge or bar. The Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport considers breakfast to be the most important meal of the day and offers a Super Breakfast concept which includes a large range of continental and English options to satisfy all tastes. Meetings & Events: Combining state of the art meeting facilities with an excellent convenient location for business travellers or local businesses the Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport is already a sought after conference venue. Ideal for hosting events ranging from international conferences to intimate banquets the hotel's 9 flexible meeting rooms can cater for 400 delegates in the largest suite. Services: Guests can enjoy the facilities of the onsite gym with all the latest high tech equipment. The swimming pool and spa area will provide relaxation after a hectic day. Free High speed internet access will be available throughout the hotel, outdoor parking, 24 hour room service and guest laundry service. Location: Offering prime location minutes from East Midlands Airport the Radisson Blu Hotel is in the heart of the East Midlands. The nearby M1 and M42 Motorways create easy access to local cities such as Derby, Nottingham and Leicester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport Hotel Castle Donington
- Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport Castle Donington, United Kingdom