Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Rad disown Blu is just of M1 at the East Midland airport, usually attend meetings and overnight stay. Good parking, swimming poll etc... Good food, etc... But bar is pricy
Rooms are nice modern, clean, shower, etc all function well as its a new and modern hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KPKenya
KordulaS_13, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Kishor P,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We hope you will visit us again.

kordula.schloesser@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before we flew to Spain, the deal included 10 nights car parking, making it excellent value. the hotel is a five minute drive from the airport and we were transported by minibus. The hotel is new and beautiful, the reception area and bar is bright and airy and there are plenty of areas to sit and relax. Outside there is a well designed patio area. Our room was lovely, packed with mod cons and everything you need to make your stay comfortable. the bed was huge and comfortable and everywhere was extremely clean. The bathroom was well positioned and the shower was large. We had dinner in the bistro and although the menu describing the food on offer was mouthwatering, in reality it was bland and average. Had it been of a higher standard I would have no problem paying the prices they charge but I feel the chef needs a bit of a brush up with his culinary skills. Another little gripe was that some tables had linen napkins whereas ours were paper!!! We paid £16 each for breakfast and again it was average.Having said all this we really enjoyed staying here and would definitely stay again, the service was second to none, I rang down to reception to ask for more coffee as we only had decaf and the maid came up with a dish from their canteen with 'proper' coffee as the hotel had run out of sachet....service or what! There is a pool and spa which residents can use. Our overnight stay was £80

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear hoopschick1888,
Thank you very much your detailed feedback. I am very sorry to see your comment about the food you had in the restaurant. We changed some items on our breakfast buffet to ensure a higher quality.
Regard to the napkin it was our fault we missed the detail. We use paper napkin for breakfast and linen napkin for all other food served in the bar/restaurant and room service.
Hopefully we can welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked into this hotel prior to our flight.
The room was fairly large, and quiet, however the remote for the TV was missing and the pillows were flat, but reception rectified this for us. the room was a little grubby the seat atthe end of the bed was dusty and the shower had soap scumm in the bottom but hey it was only for one night.

Whilst in the bar I was surprised to hear a barking dog and looking up in the direction of the reception desks saw a guest with a dog on a lead. Later whilst having dinner we heard a dog yap. And upon finishing dinner we went out to the bar and again saw two small dogs with a guest going into the lift.

Food in the resturant is expensive and not brilliant and drinks are expensive but its convenient for the airport.

We asked at reception and they said their policy is to allow dogs, cats and rabbits in rooms. We asked if there were certain rooms available for pets and were told that NO they are allowed in any room and that the rooms are cleaned thouroughly after their stay, given our room was grubby on arrival I would question how deep the clean is.
Had we been aware of the pet policy we would not habve chosen to stay here as pet owners allow them on beds and soft furnishings and also pillows.

Sorry Raddison you have lost a customer or two as doing a straw pole at work others were unaware that you had this policy and would not opt to stay where pets are allowed.

Room Tip: Ask for one where pets have not been
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dawnie123
Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Dawnie123

I was very sorry to learn that you don't agree with our policy of permitting dogs to stay in our guest rooms with their owners. This policy is consistent with nearly all of the major hotel brands both here in the UK and worldwide.

We do levy a small additional charge for this service and any room in which a dog has stayed is thoroughly deep cleaned after departure. However, we're happy to take on board your suggestion and in future will only allow dogs to stay in specified rooms.

Contrary to what you were told by our Receptionist we do not permit any other pets, only dogs, and then only in the guest's room, dogs are not permitted in any of our public areas such as the bar, lounge or restaurant. It is also made clear at the time of booking that should a dog disturb any of our other guests the owners would be required to remove it from the hotel.

Since our hotel opened in late 2011 we have received no negative response to the current policy but we will keep the matter under review and change it if our guests require.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for feedback and should you have occasion to use our hotel again please do contact me direct so that I may make the arrangements personally.

Daniel Keane

daniel.keane@raidssonblu.com

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a short stop - arriving around midnight and leaving at 10:00am.

My room was comfortable, spacious and quiet. The bathroom had a well fitted door that could close and separate the toilet from the bathroom, or swing shut the other way it closed the bathroom and toilet from the bedroom.
I couldn't get the air conditioning quite right - so didn't have my preference for a cool bedroom temperature.
In the morning I found the gym - good machines, space to work and not busy. Then the pool - I was happy with length, temperature and having it to myself for most of the time. I then had a trip to the steam room. No plunge pool / cold shower - but otherwise a great way to start the day.
The changing rooms were small - but fortunately not busy. I would have liked a spin drier to avoid transporting wet swimming trunks, but the bag supplied helped overcome that.
Into breakfast - I was the only guest. The manager explained that as it was quiet they had stopped the buffet breakfast - so my breakfast would be cooked to order. Nothing was too much trouble and I got double what I had asked for, in addition to fruit, cereal, toast, muffins etc that were still on offer.
I have no complaints at all - good staff, good hotel and it was a very convenient stopping off point; really easy access to / from the M1. I would definitely use it again when needing a stopping off point on a long North / south journey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
KordulaS_13, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Marty W,
Thank you very much for your feedback about your experience with your stay.
We have an air handling unit in the guestrooms therefore the minimum and maximum temperature set up will be different compare to an air condition. Please let us know when you stay next time and we ensure you will get a room with your preferred temperature.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Kordula.Schloesser@radissonblu.com

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent one night in transit for family of four. B&B package.
Superb hotel. Excellent location close to M1 and services.
Spacious bedrooms. Well appointed. Comfortable and clean. No noise problem even the AC was quiet. Excellent wifi - good speed
V pleased with breakfast - choice, quality and quantity
Large car park - we were not charged during stay.
Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear scottishdoctor,
Thank you for your positive comments about your stay.
We have car park charge it seems we missed this.
Please visit us again.

Kordula.Schloesser@radissonblu.com

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here en route to Spain and on our return. This is a beautiful hotel and the staff are exceptional so helpful and pleasant. We had dinner and breakfast there both going out and coming back and found the breakfast and dinner to be excellent. The rooms are spacious and very pleasantly decorated. We were upgraded on our return with a card welcoming us back,a lovely touch and very much appreciated. We loved everything about it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear happytravel7,
We are pleased you had a great experience with your recent stay with us.
Hopefully you will visit us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed overnight to catch a 6am flight the next morning. I have stayed in many Radissons in recent years, the fact I am also part of the Club Carlson programme too means that it is ususally recognised by the hotel and we usually recieve a special gift or other things to show the hotels appriciation...at the east mids gotel we were not. When walking into our room, we noticed there was one double bed....our part was 2 adults 2 children! I rang one touch to be told that the bedding was in the cupboard and that I had to make the bed myself!!!! I couldnt get over how rude this was. I also found the hotel unaccomodating for an airport hotel as they did not serve cooked breakfast to your room until 6 am which was useless to me. Overall not great and I was not impressed. To be a proper Radisson it really needs to improve.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Glasseys

I am most disappointed to learn that your stay with us did not meet expectation and would be very grateful if you could contact me direct in order for me to look into your feedback a little further and to see what I can do to 'make it right' for you.

All Club Carlson members should be acknowledged and welcomed on check in and extra beds should be made up by our Housekeeping team prior to guests arriving. I apologise that this was not the case.

We do provide the full Radisson Super Breakfast in our restaurant and via room service from 6am each morning with our complimentary Grab and Go Breakfast being available from 3am to 6am. Additionally a selection of hot and cold dishes is available 24 hours a day from our room service menu. These options should have been explained to you when you checked in and I apologise if they were not.

I hope to hear from you in due course but in the meantime thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies once again.

Daniel Keane

Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#2 of 7 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Donington Manor Hotel
Donington Manor Hotel
#7 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!