Just have come back from a fabolous weekend stay with the family at Radisson. As we have three children it was hard to find a hotel that would accomodate all of us in one room. Besides, one of us is a wheelchair user therefore we needed a fairly big room anyway. At first our chances were looking bleak but then I came across Radisson @ East Midlands Airport, junior and one-room suites. Although the official occupancy is 2ad+2ch I was assured that a cot for the baby in the room wouldn't be a problem. Also, although the suites aren't officially wheelchair accessible I found that they are spacious and access is not compromised by any steps or anything. Although the price was more than what I usually spend for a room in Hilton or others on such occasion, 47 m2 of space (one-room suite) seemed to be a good value for money. And what a value it was...
To start with, we were greated allready in a car park and helped with our luggage. I was surprised how friendly staff were with the kids, because I wouldn't think that families are primary customers here. When we went to use the swimming pool the girls brought toys and other stuff for kids to play in the pool and were very helpfull.
The one-room (or senior) suite was very spaciuos, spotless, had very nice design. In the bathroom there was a bath as well as walk in shower and a separate wc (important, if you're staying with a family..). Good range of toiletries (including bath salt and hand cream). Included in the price of the room were good selection of movies (normally 6.95 per each), fridge with some drinks (coke, beer, sparkling and still water) and breakfast. Although I still think that best breakfast I've had was at Hilton Leicester, this didn't fall far behind. I couldn't resist when I saw a belgian waffle with syrup and cream on a menu. Although that wouldn't fall within my normal breakfast selection it was fabolous!
To sum everything up, it was relaxing and luxurious stay, spacious room, friendly staff. I even dare to say that it was the best stay I've had in UK. Would definetely recommend to others and hopefully stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2016 LUXURY AIRPORT HOTEL OF THE YEAR, AWARDED BY THE LUXURY TRAVEL GUIDE. Offering easy access to East Midlands Airport the new Radisson Blu Hotel is an excellent base for the discerning traveller. Stylish rooms and a first-class conference centre are offered alongside extensive dining options and excellent leisure facilities making it the preferred place to stay for business and leisure guests alike. Rooms: The hotel's 218 contemporary guest rooms are tastefully and stylishly designed with luxury and comfort in mind. With a selection of standard rooms, business class rooms and suites attention to detail is evident throughout. All rooms feature air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities along with 38 inch flat screen televisions and free high speed internet access. Business class rooms and Suites feature extra amenities such as Nespresso(R) coffee machines and free movies. Dining: With an extensive brasserie style menu providing international cuisine choice will be paramount. Guests will be offered a variety of dishes and can choose to dine in the restaurant, lounge or bar. The Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport considers breakfast to be the most important meal of the day and offers a Super Breakfast concept which includes a large range of continental and English options to satisfy all tastes. Meetings & Events: Combining state of the art meeting facilities with an excellent convenient location for business travellers or local businesses the Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport is already a sought after conference venue. Ideal for hosting events ranging from international conferences to intimate banquets the hotel's 9 flexible meeting rooms can cater for 400 delegates in the largest suite. Services: Guests can enjoy the facilities of the onsite gym with all the latest high tech equipment. The swimming pool and spa area will provide relaxation after a hectic day. Free High speed internet access will be available throughout the hotel, outdoor parking, 24 hour room service and guest laundry service. Location: Offering prime location minutes from East Midlands Airport the Radisson Blu Hotel is in the heart of the East Midlands. The nearby M1 and M42 Motorways create easy access to local cities such as Derby, Nottingham and Leicester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Rezidor, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport Hotel Castle Donington
- Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport Castle Donington, United Kingdom