We held our annual Summer Conference at the Radisson Blu at the end of June. I'm sure the hotel would be a good place to stay for the airport, a business stay or perhaps even a short break - but it is a fantastic conference venue.
We wanted to make the event feel a bit different to your average corporate conference, and the whole team at the hotel - management and staff on the day - threw themselves into the opportunity to ditch the rule book very enthusiastically. (At the same time I should stress that the highest standards of professionalism and service were maintained throughout).
In addition to the usual conferencing facilities - which are excellent - the hotel arranged for the use of some of the car park and adjacent land for a Segway Rally event in the afternoon. In the evening, we turned the conference space and the outside area into a beach (with imported sand) for a big barbeque and summer party.
Many venues like to stay within their comfort zone when providing conference services. By contrast, the team at the Radisson Blu adopted a really positive, 'can-do' attitude and as a result, the event was a great success.
If you're looking for a conference venue where all of the essentials (meeting rooms, comfortable bedrooms, good access and parking, good catering etc) are in place, but you also want the bit extra that can only be achieved with first class staff... you could do a lot worse than the Radisson Blu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2016 LUXURY AIRPORT HOTEL OF THE YEAR, AWARDED BY THE LUXURY TRAVEL GUIDE. Offering easy access to East Midlands Airport the new Radisson Blu Hotel is an excellent base for the discerning traveller. Stylish rooms and a first-class conference centre are offered alongside extensive dining options and excellent leisure facilities making it the preferred place to stay for business and leisure guests alike. Rooms: The hotel's 218 contemporary guest rooms are tastefully and stylishly designed with luxury and comfort in mind. With a selection of standard rooms, business class rooms and suites attention to detail is evident throughout. All rooms feature air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities along with 38 inch flat screen televisions and free high speed internet access. Business class rooms and Suites feature extra amenities such as Nespresso(R) coffee machines and free movies. Dining: With an extensive brasserie style menu providing international cuisine choice will be paramount. Guests will be offered a variety of dishes and can choose to dine in the restaurant, lounge or bar. The Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport considers breakfast to be the most important meal of the day and offers a Super Breakfast concept which includes a large range of continental and English options to satisfy all tastes. Meetings & Events: Combining state of the art meeting facilities with an excellent convenient location for business travellers or local businesses the Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport is already a sought after conference venue. Ideal for hosting events ranging from international conferences to intimate banquets the hotel's 9 flexible meeting rooms can cater for 400 delegates in the largest suite. Services: Guests can enjoy the facilities of the onsite gym with all the latest high tech equipment. The swimming pool and spa area will provide relaxation after a hectic day. Free High speed internet access will be available throughout the hotel, outdoor parking, 24 hour room service and guest laundry service. Location: Offering prime location minutes from East Midlands Airport the Radisson Blu Hotel is in the heart of the East Midlands. The nearby M1 and M42 Motorways create easy access to local cities such as Derby, Nottingham and Leicester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport Hotel Castle Donington
- Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport Castle Donington, United Kingdom