“Does exactly what it says on the tin”
Review of Restaurante Numero Due - CLOSED

Restaurante Numero Due
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 01332 814 888
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to Numero Due yet again last night and promised the waitress I'd write a review. It's no accident that this place is so highly rated, it is just consistently outstanding. The food is traditional Italian cooked by the owner and is every bit as delicious as it is value for money. The waitress is brilliant, friendly, helpful and has the best eyes and smile I have ever seen.

The decor of the place won't set the world alight nor will a few other things but bizarrely, that makes it better. The emphasis is put more on the food, the customer and the experience. I cannot rate this place highly enough. Simple but brilliant. Wish I could say the same for myself!

3  Thank Wilsontuckett

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great food cooked by the restaurants owner and excellent host Henchi. Every visit had been a pleasure and we've been made to feel very welcome. If you're after an authentic Italian experience we'd definitely recommend you visit. It's also great value for money, healthy sized portions with good quality ingredients.

2  Thank rpsmit
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This a fantastic little restaurant. The owner is also the chef and takes great pride in the food he cooks and serves. We have been twice and never been disappointed. If you love traditional Italian food I would highly recommend a visit!

1  Thank Ganab
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant, the owner is the chef and meets and greets customers as well as taking our order and checking the food is ok once sent out! How he has time I don't know! The restaurant was full.
We didn't book but he made space for us.
I had lasagne which we could see him making it up in the dish! My hunny had fillet steak, cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. We both had starters which were also very nice.
The downfall was the puddings and a waitress that didnt know anything. I asked for chocolate ganache, thinking chocolate cake or mouse style pot. It was a coffee cake, I hate coffee and would never order it. I politely told the waitress, she had no idea what was in the cake but took it away anyway. Looked like she was investigating but never came back! Then the pudding was on the bill. This let my night down as all I could taste was coffee. So no tip left and a quick exit to go get a drink to get rid of the taste.

1  Thank josey-hoyle
Numero D, Owner at Restaurante Numero Due, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Hi there,

many thanks for your feedback it really is appreciated and thought it important to respond to your comments concerning the dessert. Firstly we are sincerely sorry that you were not happy with your dessert as it's such a shame to find this out through an online forum as opposed to discussing the matter with us that same evening, this is the first time I am being made aware of this. Again if anyone was unhappy with their bill it would seem the done thing to say something at that time. The waitress is relatively new and although this may be inexcusable remains unfamiliar with some parts of the menu, however this will improve. The dessert in question 'chocolate ganache' contains no coffee or variant of caffeine whatsoever. There is toffee but no coffee :).

We hope this doesn't put you off and do come back and see us. I shall ensure that we
re-imburse you for the dessert on your next bill.

Best Wishes,
Nadia

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is my second time at this restaurant & the food was absolutely amazing.

Booked another table for 3 weeks time. The chief is great & has many different choices.

Everyone should try this place...you will not be disappointed :)

2  Thank 121Craig0