“Amazing”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 01332 814 888
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The food was gorgeous, the staff catered for all of our needs, especially with a figity 2 year old, the chef was lovely, greated us promptly and checked on our meals. Cant fault the place at all, will definately be back

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank MrsSimpkin

Derby, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Italian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

A cosy little restaurant that serves fairly classic italian pasta dishes and a selection of fish & steak dishes. In my 4 experiences of eating here I have found the staff to be friendly and the chef to be attentive, often coming to the table to enquire if everything is ok with the food.
I am unable to fault anything I've eaten here, both mine and my partner's meals have been nicely flavoured without being overpowering, and steak always cooked to my liking.
I think it is extremely reasonably priced too.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank GClaridge
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just tried to book a table, but before I could say anything I was hung up on. I called back, assuming I had miss-dialled (I checked the number through another page to ensure correct):

I called back and no one spoke, I said 'hello' and the person on the other end replied with hello, in a short angry tone. I asked if this was Numero Due and in the same tone he replied 'yes, what you want'. He was aggressive and I was clearly upsetting him by trying to book a table. I asked if he wanted any business but this seemed to confuse the strange chap.

I hate reviews like this, but bearing in mind previous reviews about rudeness, this is probably not a good omen and should act as a warning if you are looking for a nice, relaxing evening out!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank nes1984
Numero D, Owner at Restaurante Numero Due, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi There,

with regards to your comments on our restaurant, we are a little perturbed that such unfounded assumptions would be made on the basis that you denied us the opportunity to explain the very fact that a) you called from a withheld number therefore no-one could call you back b) there was no voice on the other end to respond to c) you left no voicemail requesting a callback d) you would not entertain the explanation that the phone was diverted to a mobile phone & possibly a cause of bad reception given very few restaurants we know of operate at such an hour when you called. You decided not to continue the call and hung up which in it's own right is rude. This is a family run business which we have worked very hard to maintain a consistent service and have never spoken to any customer in a rude manner. This is an opportunistic method of slander and by way of opting to slate a business without even giving people a chance to explain that you got the wrong end of the stick. Our food is freshly cooked and we aim to look after all customers whether they return or not. The majority of positive reviews reflect that our establishment has managed to run for circa 15 years with and without online feedback therefore would refute your comments.

Wishing you all the best,
Numero Due
York, United Kingdom
“'Classic' Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

It does look a little dated, and it is very much classic Italian fare. Creamy sauces, rich dishes, and strong flavours.

All in all everything you want from a local restaurant. The food was fantastically cooked, portions very large, and a really enjoyable evening.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Anthony B
Castle Donington, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you like excellent food cooked beautifully this little italian doesn't disappoint. The menu has a variety of tempting dishes but personally I think it does the best fillet steak In the area. We booked our table and would recommend to do this to avoid disappointment. The atmosphere was bustling but relaxed with parties families and couples no empty tables! Excellent service friendly staff and owner/chef we had a lovely evening. I would disregard the previous review there are always people who want to put their point across; but obviously if you are booking a large party in a restaurant where all the food is freshly prepared you have a responsibility to finalise numbers.

• Visited April 2013