“disappointed”

Hilton East Midlands Airport
Reviewed July 14, 2007

cant speak highly enough about the reception staff well trained very nice, same cant be said about the snack bar service we were traveling to spain and because of the flooding we had booked to stay and park which was great only £85 and that included parking my grandchildren were hungry so i ordered steak/ chips and garlic bread we were all disgusted with what eventually came chips rock hard and cold ,

steak not exaggerating when i say this about 1&half inch square if that and my gran daughters face when the garlic bread came was a picture 1 slice about 2* long for the grand price of £2.50 service very slow .when we got into bed the beds were so hard it was like sleeping on a plank dont think i'll be staying their again

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank annsara1951
There are newer reviews for Hilton East Midlands Airport

Reviewed July 9, 2007

Arrived at 8PM at EastMidlands airport and asked at the information desk for transport. They gave me the nr of the hotel and I had to call them as the information clerk thought that the Hilton would arrange for a pickup. Unfortunately at that time they didn't do that anymore. Which is a pitty!
Costed me 10 GBP to get to the hotel. At the reception they told me I was upgraded because of my gold status. The breakfast had to be payed however. So, I said that I prefer a normal room with a complementary breakfast. They agreed on it and let me stay in the upgraded room as well! Perfect!!
Stayed in the bar the first night and drank 2 pints of beer, of which only 1 was charged in the end.......
Rooms are very nice. Up to Hilton standards. I stayed at 204 for 2 nights. Breakfast is very good with a lot of choice, mainly British selection though.....so, a heavy breakfast with eggs and bacon. If you like it, ok, if not they also have cereals with milk and some toast with jam.
When I had to pay the bill they charged me the breakfast as well, which they deducted without any problem after me mentioning that at checkin it was promised to me at no charge.
All in all a fine hotel!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank simonsmidt
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Stayed in the East Midlands Hilton before jetting off to Rome for a City Break.

The hotel was clean and their was a good level of service (as you would expect in a Hilton).

The room we had was a room with disabled access and was spacious and what I expected.

My only gripe was having to pay £4 for the priviledge of parking my car in the hotel car park overnight whilst I stayed the night in the hotel - this is just a money making scam and I assume the car park is now being run by a 3rd party.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2007

Not in a prime location except its near to the airport. Other than that staff is friendly and the restaurant is lovely. Food was served buffet style but servers tended to your table individually. Great for families/business travelers. Rooms were kempt, except our room wasnt ready when we got there and we were forced to hang out in our cousins room. Still they provided a complimentary white wine to bide the time. Very Hilton-esque. Good value/great stay.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2007

First the good points: the room was spacious and clean, the staff was very helpful, the breakfast was outstanding.

But really, all that is overshadowed by the ridiculous charges this hotel imposes on the customers. ₤3 for the "pleasure" of parking at a hotel? ₤2.30 --- that's not a typo -- for a small bottle of Diet Coke? As for the bar prices--I agree with the other reviewers, they are absolutely outrageous. The bar staff seemed sheepishly embarrassed about them they were so high.

There's no reason for me to stay there again.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank Rathskeller
Reviewed June 16, 2007

We have just spent a night at Hilton East Midlands Airport for a family wedding celebration.

It IS in a convenient location and, despite being so near to the M1 and the airport, we were untroubled by traffic or aircraft noise. However we did have a room overlooking the car park which is on the opposite side of the hotel to the motorway.

We didn't have time to use the gym/pool and the evening food was part of the wedding reception package and was fine. Breakfast was slightly better than average with all food appearing to be freshly cooked.

However our biggest gripe was the cost of drinks (I dread to think of the total cost of the wine provided for the wedding guests by the family). A pint of lager & a large glass of wine was £11.70. I thought I'd misheard the price and received a surly response when I checked: beer £3.75, wine £7.95 (that's for a glass not the bottle).

When will hotels realise that its poor economics to inflate the prices so much. Once bitten, twice shy - in the end we spent less than we would have normally as I'd rather go without than feel ripped off. As a result, I've decided not to use the Hilton chain again & have booked elsewhere for a forthcoming trip to London.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Runner57
Reviewed May 26, 2007

This is a very poor example of an Airport Hotel & one to be avoided if you can.
Whilst Rooms are clean & fresh if not a little old fashioned the extras chraged by the Hotel are a scandal. The fully inclusive breakfast & dinner price is a take on. The choice of menu is very limited & you end up paying a lot more to eat something reasonable. Bar prices are an insult and the tray charge for needing breakfast before it is avaiable is again a con. Plus you are charged £5 for the pleasure of parking your car overnight - a rip off & the car park is not secure!
The Holiday Inn or Premier Inn which are both nearer the Airport are certainly worth a try. After experiencing this hotel I will be giving the Hilton chain a miss altogether in the future.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Hilton East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!