Hilton East Midlands Airport
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
  • Pool
Sutton Bonington Hall(Loughborough)
1,808 results
All reviewspark and flydeluxe roomeast midlands airportsat navalton towersholiday extrasleisure facilitiesfamily roomdays parkingwake up callpool and gymcar parkingreception stafflittle priceycourse mealone night stayexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I stayed here for three nights in June 2010 for business in Derby. My room was a good size with a good size bathroom, also. The bed was comfortable. The staff was nice and provided good assistance when asked. I did not try the restaurant, but I did find the bar to be a nice place to meet and have a few drinks. Parking is plentiful and obtaining an exit pass from the reception desk is easy. (I was charged only for two days' parking even though I stayed for three nights. It was a concession for arriving late at night the first day and leaving early in the morning the last day. The little extra customer service says a lot about the staff at this hotel.) Internet access was fast, but pricey (although not out-of-line for other business hotels in the UK).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Good points- I stayed here with a friend as we had a nearby excursion the following day. We stayed for 2 nights in total. Arrived at accomodation and the sign said parking for 24hrs was £26 however straight away on check in we were told its £5 per 24hr for guests...fab! Lots of parking available also. Check in was very quick, no probs. Room was lovely and spacious with garden view, very clean and bright. Great big tv, big bath and power shower, lots of little freebies like tea/coffee, neutrogena shampoo and conditioner...lovely! Beds very comfy although mine on wheels so moved slightly if too forceful. Very quiet at night time which was good. Gorgeous swimming pool facilities with jacuzzi and steam/sauna. Staff very friendly. Lovely food, although slightly expensive. Breakfast was included, lots of cold and hot variety and prepared and presented really well with very helpful staff. No complaints really....! Dont listen to hte reviews online as i only have a few minor improvements, overall perfec for a short, relaxing stay!

Improvements-
-Parking sign could be made clearer to guests staying in hotel
-Food prices in hotel are quite expensive
-bottles water in room is £3.95 if you want to use it, this should be complimentary
-ironing board not very sturdy, collapsed whilst using
- bed moved a lot as on wheels
-parking overnight is charged at £5 for 24hrs even if only parked for a few hours and out all day
-hairdryers in room are a bit old and could do with replacing.
-Definitely use a sat nav to direct you as we drove up and down m1 a couple of times trying to find how to access the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2010

My second stay at this hotel this yr and again it delivered. This time i was joined by my wife and children and the stay suited us perfectly.
My only negative is I wish I did not have to explain that children DO eat for free prior to 7pm; staff at the Hilton Leeds also tell you they only eat for free after 7pm.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2010

we stayed here the night before we went on holiday as it was a good price for a 1 night stay with free parking.

The hotel was lovely spotless staff very friendly and helpful food a little on the expsensive side so we ate at a pub not far away

when we landed and had got our luggage i rang to be collected, the drive came after about 5 mins pushed the trolley with the luggage loaded it into the mini bus he even pulled up by our car on the hotel car park so we didnt have to struggle with the luggage.

Cant fault the hotel at all would definatley recomend

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for the Download Festival at Donington Park. Was quite happy with the room (ground floor - room 110), rate, service - all adequate without being exceptional. It's true the hotel room was slightly tatty, but it was cleaned well and looked fine.

However, the point of us staying in a hotel during the festival was to get a good night's sleep, and this proved impossible on the first and third nights of our 3-night stay. There were people in the next room talking until past 4am on both occasions (at a normal volume, nothing scandalous) and we could hear everything. This was in addition to doors banging, noise from the corridor and noisy plumbing. I did call reception on the Friday night, but they were unable to do anything. I was just quite shocked that a 4 star hotel would have such terrible soundproofing. We did ask to change to a quieter room the following morning, but all the twin rooms were taken. The icing on the cake was when someone got up to use the toilet in the night and I could hear every last drop on the other side of the wall to where my head was.

Will be looking for another alternative for next year's festival. Last year we stayed at the Premier Inn Derby West, which was further away but was a much better experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends