“Only good if ourchased on SALE- close to the airport but that is it” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton East Midlands Airport

Hilton East Midlands Airport
Melbourne
“Only good if ourchased on SALE- close to the airport but that is it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

We booked this hotel on sale- fifty pounds per night and I would not have paid a penny more. The hotel is OLD with sticky tape holding the carpet in the bar to the floor, dirty walls, etc. The rooms are worn, although were clean. I would only recommend this hotel if like us, you are booked on a very early flight from East Midlands in the morning. The hotel food looked terrible so we chose to drive to the nearby services and purchase food from the Marks and Spencer food hall there. Note that you need to drive to the airport too- although the name suggests the hotel is close to the airport- you stll need to drive to the airport. There are actually hotels on the site of the airport so if this is your motivation for staying at the hotel, do not book this- there are others that ARE actually on the airport grounds within walking distance to the terminal.

• Liked — Clean for the price.
  • Disliked — No where near walking distance to the airport as advertised.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Dorrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

My wife and I stayed in The Hilton for an overnight stop and parking for our recent holiday to Zakynthos.We found the Hotel ideal being only a few minutes drive away from the Airport. Check in was very efficient and the Club Room allocated very spacious, modern and clean.We booked a table for dinner and were pleasantly surprised at both the bottle of complimentary wine and the price of the food in the Restaurant as we had earlier bought some drinks in the Bar and found them to be exorbitant. Waiter service received from Paul was entertaining and the food was very good.We had a peaceful nights sleep and the Airport transfer was without a hitch.This was a good start to our holiday. On returning we encountered problems with the transfer back to the Hotel. There were 4 of us waiting for the transfer,to be told by 2 seperate drivers that we had " a lot of cases".Our reply that 2 cases per couple for a foreign holiday wasn't excessive was met with general tutting and shrugging of shoulders. This however wasn't the Hotels fault. We were eventually driven back by a nice guy in a people carrier.
We would definitely stay at this Hotel again if flying from East Midlands.

• Liked — Restaurant quality and prices
  • Disliked — Very pricey drinks in Bar
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
rhinosahrky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

Stayed at this hotel with my wife for a night in july.

It was much grander than we thought it would be. Rooms are huge (we stayed in a club room), although if your not a fan of soft pillows you may struggle to sleep. Bathrooms are lovely with everything at a good hight and nice powerful shower.

Shop around for the best deal, we booked via hotel website for deals as rooms are expensive if you cold call. Also be aware drinks and food are very expensive, £17 for chicken tikka massla, £4 for bottled lager.

Overall good experience.

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — pillows, busy motorway always busy
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Stansted
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

Checked into room on ground floor this was a twin room. Straight away I had very weird feeling about this room. When I have turned the duvets over the beds have been both slept in (well over slept in!!) dirty yellow sheets with holes, very thin duvet covers you could see thru them!!! Disgusting!!
I called reception who said will send someone to help me with luggage!! After 10 mins wait noone turned up - so went back to reception. Got UPGRADE !! to Club twin which wasnt any better except it was about 1meter bigger then the other one!!!! (well the sheets did look bit cleaner :-)
Dust all over the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bathroom with crack and damp!! Shower curtain had red marks on it (not sure if it was just red paint spilled or someone god killed in there!!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shocking!!!!!!
Unfortunately I had to stay in this hotel for 3 nights (due to work)
I never want to stay there if I can help it!!!! Windows unsecured my friend was also on ground floor didnt even had a lock on the window!!!!!!!!!!!! Other of my colleagues also werent happy with clean es of their rooms!!!!
Dont even try calling reception from your room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They never answer!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!
when checking out I spoke to Duty manager who wasnt even interested to hear about these issues and DID NOT APOLOGIES AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL DONE HILTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS - I dont think!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Flyingbluebear
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

We stayed at the Hilton during the busy Moto GP weekend. I showed them my Hilton Honors card and they gave us a nice room. The room was large and comfortable with a nice flat panel TV and a very large bathroom. Front desk service was very friendly and overall I reccomend this hotel.

The only negative was a little bit of mold in the shower.

Great location near the Derby track, the airport, and Nottingham.

I would definately stay here again

• Liked — Location, very comfortable room
  • Stayed June 2008
Wisbech
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

We booked this on a Hilton special offer which was outstanding value. This hotel is conveniently placed for many local attractions and East Midlands Airport and Donington.
The staff were consistently well mannered and very helpful.
The rooms were very good with large widescreen TV and good range of channels.
The prices for internet use were exorbitant in my opinion.
I would definitely revisit if I am in the area again.
A little disappointed there were problems with access to the pool - apparently some kind of machinery failure.

The nearby Jee-Ja-Jees Indian restaurant in Kegworth was excellent food and good value and service. It might be good to book early.

• Liked — Value and staff politeness
  • Disliked — Internet tariff and Lobby toilet hygiene
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2008

I stayed over here with my boyfriend after we visted Alton Towers, its about a 20minute drive away from what I remember.
The room was very nice, very comfy bed and decent size bathroom.
We visited the pool and gym which werent very large but were ok. It had weights, running machines, and various other things. The pool side also had a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
We had tea in the hotel as there didnt seem to be any resturants close by. I though it was very nice and there was alot to choose from, this was the same with the breakfast in the morning. I dont remember the exact price of tea but I remember it being quite expensive, I noticed the food in the bar was expensive also.
The reception staff were very friendly and check in was quick. All in all it was a good stay!

• Liked — comfy room and nice food!
  • Disliked — expensive food, location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SammieR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 8 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel
Premier Inn East Midlands Airpor...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#3 of 8 in Castle Donington

Been to Hilton East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!