“Good deal for airport parking”

Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Good deal for airport parking”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Again, another very good experience with this hotel. Price for overnight with 5 days parking was excellent. Check in was efficient. Bar prices were fine, but didn't eat at hotel so can't comment on that aspect. Bedroom and en-suite were comfortable and clean. Transfer to and from airport was efficient and on time (and free).
Only a couple of small niggles - the aircon was very noisy and didn't cool the room even at the highest setting, and I was asked for £40 extra for a double room (rather than a twin), although this was apparently a superior room. As we arrived late I think this was unnecessary as the room in all likelihood remained empty. Still, it was easy enough to push the 2 singles together to make a super-kingsize bed!
I would still use this hotel as a preferred choice for this airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
managerEMA, Front Office Manager at Hilton East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor; appreciate your comments on the room aircon and have passed on to the maintenance manager. Grateful for the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again.

kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here before going on holiday and for my wife's birthday. We had a wonderful stay and the hotel staff were very kind to our son and sent my wife some cake to the room. It was good value at only around £20 more for park and fly than just parking at east midlands. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review on trip advisor; especially grateful for your 5 star rating. Hope you had a good holiday and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overall a splendid first class set up and organisation. The evening meal deal for people on this arrangement was excelent the choices and price was very good and the food excellent.

The parking is on site so very convenient and the transfers without doubt the best service we have ever enjoyed despite a major road closure on the way out the coutesy bus driver did his up most to ensure this distruption caused the minimum distress. At the pick up he (the same driver) was waiting for us as we arrived and dropped us off next to our car.

With out comparison the best ever service we have had.

Room Tip: Can't comment our room was fine
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor; your comments say it all and give us the much needed impetus to do even better.

Thank you again for your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked the undercover option with holiday extras, excellent surrounding friendly staff took the option to have the 3 course special meal it was very good. swimming pool looked great but never had the time to go in it. Room very nice and got a wake up call in the morning. Mini bus waiting to take us to the airport. On arriving home at the airport called hotel and within 5 minutes mini bus was outside airport and took us straight back to our car at the hotel. Fantastic service will recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: we were on ground floor but I think all rooms would be as good
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. It feels great to be appreciated and have passed on your comments to the team who have all worked very hard to make this park and fly offering one of our best.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is not in a suit. I found that the staff were patronising and appeared to be talking down to me. the room it self was comfortable but nothing special. the fitness centre staff were great though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback; we're grateful to you for giving us the opportunity to make things right. As discussed please do email me directly for any future booking and I will ensure that you receive our very best attention.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I booked the Undercover option with Holiday Extras for £70 for 15days Car Parking & 1 nights stay before I flew & it came up with The Hilton East Midlands & I had done the very same last year & I was so pleased it was the Hilton again, as I had had a very enjoyable & stress free time last year.
The Room I had was lovely, I am a single traveller & I had a lovely large twin room with a personal welcome on my TV & lovely complimentary tray for Tea & Coffe & the bathroom toiletries were very welcome too.
I had eaten before I arrived, so I'm not able to comment on the Restaurant & Food.
The transfer to & from the Airport was very personal & it was also the downtown festival on my way out & we got pulled in my VOSA who were doing spot checks on "Mini Buses/Coaches" & it passed
with flying colours & I had the same driver & he was lovely & the personal service he provided was exceptional, thank you.
Lynne in Lincoln
And all of the above made for a very enjoyable start & end to my Holiday, thank you, all of you @ the Hilton East Midlands & I look forward to staying with you in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. We're delighted that you had an enjoyable experience and grateful that you have given us such a beautiful review with a 5 star rating.

Look forward to welcoming you back again.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I live about 20mins from this Hotel,
Seeing it was our 30th Anniversary and we had enjoyed a family and friends party two days earlier before the day.
I saw this offer on Travelzoo for Champagne breakfast at Hilton Hotels.
And thought it would be so good to start our special day just enjoying each others company over a lovely breakfast, and we weren't disappointed.
We found the staff at reception friendly and helpful, and the man who was in the dining/breakfast room kind and helpful as well.
Not a great view outside as you look out on a car park, but my husband did point out what lovely coloured car's they had. Which others found funny and we settled down to a very good breakfast..
Cereals. Lovely assortment of fresh fruits, and then full English breakfast on a self service counters,
A lovely glass of Champagne with full strawberry just great to start the day.
We were asked which type of eggs were wanted and the chef would cook them then we wanted.
And tea and coffee were top up later as well.
Nothing was to much trouble.
Well done lovely dining area and great staff. Real pat on the back to you all.
The Sewards

Room Tip: Didn't stay just had breakfast, maybe another time.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for giving us such a good review on trip advisor; we're delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast experience and hope that you come again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Days Inn Donington A50
Days Inn Donington A50
#1 of 1 in Shardlow

Been to Hilton East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!