My partner and I stayed in this hotel when we were having a weekend trip to Alton Towers. It was cheaper than the resort hotel at the theme park, and we got a double room for a good price as it's an airport hotel.
Having breakfast included was a real plus, and the selection was great and all very tasty, it was nice to have a good meal before setting out.
The shower and bathroom were lovely. Only complaint being that the toilet chain had to be "pumped" before it would flush which was a little irritating. Everything else room wise was perfect, comfy bed, good facilities and very clean. My only other gripe was that we were placed in a room on the ground floor, which was a bit irritating as we had to keep the curtains closed for the entire trip as the window looked out straight onto the car park, but I'm pretty sure if we had asked to change rooms there wouldn't have been an issue, it's just I didn't want to make a fuss over something that really wasn't going to affect us as we would be out of the room all day.
As this hotel was on the motorway, I would've expected parking to be complimentary, but it kin d of comes with the Hilton territory that you will be overcharged for everything.
It was lovely to have free use of the gym and pool. My partner and I went for a swim both nights we were there, they also have a lovely hot tub, steam room and sauna for guests to use, I felt like we were really staying in luxury conditions.
the staff were very friendly and helpful and despite their surprise at how young my partner and I are initially when checking in they were very smiley and helpful overall.
In summary, a very nice hotel, lovely facilities, a few minor gripes about the room and prices but if you were to have the same issue I'm fairly sure the staff would have no problems moving you to a more suitable room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IMPORTANT TRAVEL ADVICE: When travelling to the hotel and using a satnav, please search for the hotel name in the 'points of interest' or 'hotel search' section of your device. The reason is the hotel postcode covers such a large area that it can be imprecise on some devices. Please also note that if your satnav's maps are not up to date this can also cause misguidance, especially on tomtom devices. We strongly advise you to refer to our directions page on the hotel website ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton East Midlands Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel Castle Donington
- Hilton Hotel Derby
- Hilton Derby
- Derby Hilton
- Hilton East Midlands Airport Castle Donington, United Kingdom