“Breakfast - too early”

Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Breakfast - too early”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

All the facilities were of the standard expected and didn't disappoint. Staff were pleasant and helpful and the only negative was that breakfast is available between 0400 and 0930 hrs. I appreciate that this is for the convenience of people flying out from the airport but by 0930 I was only just getting out of the shower. Fortunately the services are only just up the road, but it would have been nice to have had the breakfast I paid for.

Room Tip: Get up early or get your breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was a two night stay while started a new job locally, I picked the hotel based upon a special offer rate.

The staff where all very pleasant and welcoming on arrival, check in was very efficient. The room was clean and in good working order and unlike most Holiday Inns the TV selection include the full freeview selection of TV channels.

In addition I should add that even though the hotel is on the edge of an airport, inside the room was very quite, no external traffic noise or airplane noise.

I have given the review a four star and not a five because of two reasons. The first is that the cups provided for Tea and coffee had not been properly cleaned, or stocked up on the first night, on the second night the supplies had been stocked up but the cup not cleaned properly.

Second reason is the cost of the food, Holiday Inn really do charge a premium for basic food in their hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Warren P
Kieron R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello Warren P,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport.

I'm delighted to hear that your experience with the staff was so positive and that you found them to be friendly and efficient. We are always trying to improve the guest experience and I'm glad that the staff are being recognised.

Our triple glazing definitely keeps noise from aircraft to a minimum and I'm glad you felt the full affect.

I will pass your comments regarding the cups and stock in your room to our head housekeeper and I will ensure that they rectify any issues to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Once again, I thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you're in the area.

Kieron Roe
Deputy General Manager
UK
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel before flying off on holiday. As we would expect the rooms were excellent and clean and staff very helpful and polite. We were leaving very early am so had breakfast about 6:15am so no hot food available. I so wish holiday inn express could just use normal orange juice rather than those horrid machines where the juices taste to concentrated and artificial but at least breakfast is included in the price. So to summarise, rooms and service excellent and room for improvement with breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jlo12
Hello jlo12,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport.
I'm delighted that as we both expect, you found the staff to be very helpful and polite, we are always trying to improve the guest experience here at East Midlands and I'm delighted that the staff are being recognised for this. I'm sure the housekeeping team will be equally happy to hear that your room was excellent.
In relation to the products at breakfast, we take all guest comments on board and will ensure that your comments are passed to our purchasing manager and I'm sure that they will review all comments when they come to updating the breakfast menu.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport next time you're in the area.

Kieron Roe
Deputy General Manager
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Conveniently situated for visits to Donington Park. Well appointed rooms, especially quality of the shower. Double glazing in rooms. Friendly helpful staff. One problem, Parking Eye! Arrived around 12:00, checked in, provided rental car detail. Left around 13:00 for visit to Donington Park Museum, returned around 17:00, stayed the night and paid the bill (including parking) next day. Two months later received a demand and threats for £100 from Parking Eye! My bill was paid - WHY? It is an insult!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank WolfFurst
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Ok, not much to say really, room clean, bed comfy but only a double, not a king like you would get in Premier Inn. Staff very nice. Asked for extra pillows and they were delivered to us in 10 mins. Parking is secure. £4 parking charge didn't break the bank. Room cost £43. Again, no bank breaker. Clean room. Shower not great. I am used to a much powerful shower but it worked. It didn't drain well though... Maybe blocked with hair from other guests blurrrrr! Breakfast naff but it was free (built into the price somewhere!) I really fancied a bacon sarnie but they don't do bacon. Just sausages, beans and scrambled eggs for hot choices. Cereal was fine. Yoghurt, also fine. No bells and whistles but was adequate. No noise from airport. Good air con. Job done.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Windylindsay
CliveJohnson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Windylindsay

Thank you for your review following your recent stay, I have noted your comment regarding the shower drainage, and the maintenance technician has already attended to the issue - thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I am pleased you thought we are good value for money, and we hope to see you here again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here on 23rd October prior to a business meeting, check in was dreadfully slow as staff chose to serve bar customers before checking folk in.

Allocated to a clean room, however a bit shabby in bits and could do with a refresh of curtains and carpets etc, with a whole 2 teabags is a bit miserable.

On a positive note, bar not over priced and good selection of drinks, and a pool table, how many Hi Expresses have a pool table - good call..

Breakfast, well as my headline says it is what it is and was what it was, whilst I appreciate there are hot items on offer, sausage, beans and scrambled eggs don't float my boat - nothing wrong with the hot options, but tinned peaches! Tinned peaches are a desert and not breakfast materials - unlike other Sommerston Hotels, I missed the Grapefruit, perhaps this could be introduced as not everyone wants tinned fruit in syrup, but there was also sliced tom & jerry cheese, and yoghurts - so fair choices, just lose the pudding for breakfast.
At check-out, I was informed of the car park charge, strange my car was parked up at Glasgow Airport and I indicated at check in I had no car, hmmm I wonder how this happened, must have been an error because when questioned it was removed without question or checking check in card – surely not underhand tactics – surely not, I hope not..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scottex
CliveJohnson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Scottex
Thank you for posting your review following your recent visit, I am pleased that you noticed our pool table - a recent addition that we are trying out.

I note your comments regarding breakfast, and will certainly look at the offering.

We hope to see you here again very soon.

Beverley UK
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed one night and won't be staying again. No bath in room, noisy air conditioning, extremely uncomfy sofa bed which had a large metal hinge protruding from the side, ridiculous prices at the bar and ripped off with the '20% off early bird menu' .
On the plus side its clean and the free wifi is fast and available anywhere or it'd be a 1 star for me.
Avoid room 107 which is above the entrance and you can hear the door opening and closing all day and night.
Car Parking £4 for the night ? Where else could we park?
Too far from the terminal to walk
Try the Raddison Blu - worth a bit extra for a lot better nights sleep

Room Tip: Avoid room 107 it's above the automatic door and bangs all night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Richard

I am disappointed to read your review following your recent stay and read your comments with interest.

Our electric doors have been in place since February this year and it is the first comment that we have had as to hearing them from the bedrooms - we will monitor this going forward.

All of the hotels in the airport area charge for parking - and we are cheaper than the competitors.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Days Inn Donington A50
Days Inn Donington A50
#1 of 1 in Shardlow

Been to Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!