Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Restaurant
$71
$70
$116
$69
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
$115
$84
$70
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstayed herebeanseast midlands airportjet parksfree breakfastcar parkan early flightan overnight staybreakfast is servedparking chargeovernight parkingair consofa bedyogurtbooked this hotelthe hotel is cleanper night
Reviewed June 5, 2012

stayed one night on park and fly rate shuttle bus does not run early so had to take taxi 6 pounds for one mile hotel in need of some refurbishment carpets worn and stained room we stayed in was very small however staff friendly rate reasonable and breakfast fine apart from taxi good value for money

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CleethorpesGtfcfan
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Easy check in, basic room, no aircraft noise.

Good hotel, rip off airport taxis so walk or get the bus.

£70 for 1 night with 15 nights parking was a bargain and well worth it.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were flying from the airport mid morning for a weekend in Spain, staying with friends and decided to stay here the night before.
We arrived in the late evening and had a very courteous check-in and went to our room. A little while later, we discovered that we were short on towels, so rang reception.
Within 5 minutes, a fresh bale of towels were delivered to the room - fare more than we needed and all done with a smile.
After a very good breakfast (except that the OJ was a little watery!) we drove to the Airport car park - cheaper and more convenient for our short break - and on the shuttle bus to the terminal, realised I'd left my mobile phone in my car. What a numpty!
We only had hand luggage and time was tight.
I spoke with the bus driver and he pulled out all the stops to arrange transportation back to my car to retrive it and I got to the check-in in time.
A lady security officer at the airport was also so helpful
It would seem that everyone at EMA tries very hard to go the extra mile and do it with good humour!

Room Tip: Ours was well insulated against aircraft noise and very comfortable. I'm sure all rooms are of similar standard.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2012

First stay in the HI Express EMA.
I got a rather low rate which is far one of the few good sides.
My Booking was processed very good, quick answers through mail by the hotel. Great job on that one !
There's no shuttle to the airport, taxi is 6GBP or go by foot which is really a shame, an airport hotel 25min by foot without a shuttle!
Room was nice but some lacks, airco made a hell of a noise, room was cold and airco hardly could get it warmer. Window curtains dont block the light very well (By sides lots of light passes through, not east to sleep). On top room wasn't very well cleaned, spider webs in my bathroom... Didn't have a lot of sound in my room due to the airplanes. Breakfast was all industrial kind of food, not too great either. Choice of Croissants, some fruits, bread, cheese, yogurt and corn flakes. From 7 orso you can get crappy looking warm food, although didn't give that a try so no clue whether it tasted nice. Dinner was good although again I had the impression it was more just heated up food, though tasted nice but is fairly expensive. Internet is a total ripoff 5GBP/HR, 35GBP/Week. Free slow internet is available in lobby.

Rooms just reach 3*, Food 2*, Staff 4*, Overall price to quality however was still good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
CAJ1705, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Djordy
Thank you for your recent review, and I am disappointed that you found our offering not to your satisfaction.
I would like to point out that we do have a shuttle bus - subject to the availability of a driver (licensing regulations) and the walk is a mere 15 minutes at most to the departure hall.
Regarding breakfast, we are proud to offer top branded cereals from Kellogg's, Muller yoghurts and other top brands so I am sorry that you think it was "industrial" and the hot food receives good reviews, an addition that Holiday Inn Express added early last year.
Our free internet service available in the lobby is sufficient for web browsing and standard email receiving / sending and hourly / weekly charges are competitive in the local market.
I am pleased to note that you did not hear any aircraft noise - our triple glazing certainly does keep out the aircraft noise.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and should you wish to discuss any points in greater detail, please do contact me at the Hotel.
Regards
Clive Johnson

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is the perfect hotel when visiting Donnington Race Circuit on a busy World Superbike Weekend. It has a bus service to and from the circuit 24hrs a day at regular intervals. You can mix with fellow bikes and team members alike. Food is served almost round the clock as well, dinner finishes at 3am and breakfast starts at 4am so there is always something. The rooms are very well equiped, clean and tidy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends