“Very comfortable”

Spring Cottage Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castle Donington
Spring Cottage Guest House
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in February. Well decorated room, comfortable bed, friendly staff. Room was cold until the wood burner came on then it was very warm. Wifi cut out now an then which was a minor annoyance. Large bathroom.

Felt more like a hotel than a B&B

Good breakfast with a good pub 1 minute walk which does good takeaway pizzas. Very good value.

• Stayed: February 2013
springwaterflows, Owner at Spring Cottage Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review us,we are very pleased with your response, we are a bed and breakfast so we were very happy you felt we were more like a hotel, thank you. I'm afraid February was exceptionally cold, and the central heating did need the back up of the log burner. Also we did not realise the free wireless internet service did not work perfectly, we wilk make sure this is rectified. We loved having you stay with and hopefully you will come back in the future, Thanks again for a great review.

There are newer reviews for Spring Cottage Guest House

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Brilliant!! This is what I call a B + B with a touch of class!! I highly reccomend a stay here!! We didn't want to leave!!! Beautiful setting and location! Will be visiting again soon!!A short walk from the Nags Head - see review! Left a happy welshman!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you so much for your excellent review, we were blown away with your very kind comments. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again, kind regards Margaret

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed at Spring Cottage several times between Feb and Sept 2012. The rooms and the dining area are decorated in a style comparable to some small boutique hotels that I have stayed in. The owners are very friendly and even changed my duck and down duvet to a hypoallergenic duvet to make my stay more comfortable. I would highly recommend Spring Cottage as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms tastefully decorated with spacious bathrooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sonia B
springwaterflows, Owner at Spring Cottage Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you Sonia for your kind words, we are very grateful and we enjoyed your stay with us it was a pleasure. you helped to make it a memorable summer, Good Luck in your new career and thank you again for staying with us Pete and Margaret

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very friendly owners.
Tastefully furnished rooms, and bathrooms.
Incredibly comfy beds.
...And a very nice full English as well.

I can't complain. This is a really nice B&B, and is excellent value for money as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed in this wonderful B and B three times between May to July 2012 when I was studying at a weekend course locally. I was made to feel really welcome, the room was superbly comfortable, and my lovely hosts were attentive without ever being 'in your face'. They made gentle suggestions which they felt I might enjoy, but otherwise left me alone to study in the evening and have good, long nights sleep in the incredibly comfortable bed. Mornings were kicked off at their antique dining table with breakfast brought by Margaret who over the days I stayed there I got to chat with. If I was lucky I caught a glimpse of their two lovely dogs - though they were kept well away from the guests (more's the pity, I felt!). This is a homely place but the rooms are top class and comfortable, with gushing hot water and all the 'mod cons' this traveller could desire. Thank you!

Room Tip: I loved the room downstairs which suited me well as it was at the back, though some may feel it was...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tillybess
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Would just like to share my views on this amazing Bed and Breakfast. I rang up on a last minute chance they might have a room available and low and behold they had a cancellation. They were so welcoming and helpful. When they took me and showed me into my room i was gobsmacked! Without doubt the most classy decorated room with wonderful decor and the en suite quite simply to die for. The bed was by far the comfiest i have ever slept in and dragging myself out of it this morning was a chore in itself. Considering they didnt know me from Adam they let me into their "home" asked for no money or deposit and told me to pay when i left. As my partner had an early start i had to leave and drop him off this morning and explained i would back for breakfast. They didnt even blink at this and trusted i would not just "do a runner". When i returned 15 minuted later i was served the most top quality breakfast imaginable and service with a smile. Simply delightful. I have never felt so at home in someone elses home. Big Thank you and i will certainly be coming back and recommending you to others. Outstanding! Alex Polizzi wouldnt even fault you there. You deserve 5 stars never mind 4. Thank You once again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natalie j
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Spring Cottage is a little gem, Great room very well presented with everything you need plus more. Great breakfast. Run very well by lovely people. If you stay at Spring Cottage you won't be disapointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington
Travelodge Nottingham EM Airport Donington Park M1
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel

Been to Spring Cottage Guest House? Share your experiences!