“Not the usual Premier Inn standard”

Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel
Reviewed September 7, 2013

As I stay in Premier Inns weekly all around the country this one is a touch below normal standard. This is not a business hotel like many other Premier Inns. Personally I prefer not to be called mate and pal, and asked to put my thumbs up to rate the meal. The staff were friendly and didn't do anything wrong however for me, I prefer more business like approach. I also like to be able to sit outside in the summer to have a drink but no area for this. I am a smoker however the only smoking area was directly outside the front door so each time they opened the smoke went into the reception area.

Had to wait 20/25 mins to be served breakfast after ordering, not ideal if you were in a rush and there were only 6 of us in the restaurant.

Not a bad stay at all really, these are the only points that niggled me apart from the safety of the electrical equipment in the room. There was a very high tech fan however it was last tested in August 2010 and due for retesting in August 2011 and hasnt been. I have taken this up directly with hotel.

Shame as I believe it has let the company down

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we had an early flight the next day. This hotel is so close to the airport. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy, staff are helpful.
We parked at the hotel for the night and then moved the car in the morning to the jet parks car park which was hassle free and all included in one price.
Can not fault this place! Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank gilly_gale
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight. The staff were friendly and the room was clean. It was smaller than other Premier Inn rooms we have stayed in before. The two children's beds were crammed in which I wouldn't have tolerated had we been staying for more than one night. The air-conditioning was not working when we first arrived but one of the receptionists very promptly came to our room and drained the unit. All in all, it did the job just fine.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night as we had an early flight from East Midlands airport. Check in really quick and good night guarantee explained to us. The room was clean as always and has everything you need for an overnight stay. We had the 24 hours wi-fi for £3 which is reasonable. Heard no noise at all from flights or other guests. Airport 5 minutes drive - Would definitely stay here again especially if I had an early flight.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

having visited this hotel before and wrote a review on it previously I was pleased to be going again but sadly not as good as before.we arrived sunday 18th august,the hotel is in a good location close to the airport,please note I mean very close,we were greeted with a friendly chatty receptionist who made general chat on our day ete,having got checked in quickly we went up to our family room,everything we had asked for was there extra bed ete,room was cool ,clean and very well made up.we went out to eat so never ate in the restaurant that night so unfair to comment.now here is the difference between night and day,we returned back about 8pm and decided to have a few drinks in the bar area,place was very full and no seats were available,we asked the barman if it was ok to sit in the restaurant area at a table and was met with a firm no unless we had booked a table to eat,i explained there was no seats free in the bar area and if someone needed the table to eat we would move,but was still told no.20 minutes later he returned and said we could sit there as the restaurant was now closed,talk about being awkward.we returned to our room about 9.30pm,we had room number 30 which is at the front of the hotel just to the left of the main doors,very noisy with people coming in and out with cases and the deciding to shout to people waiting in cars,also room 30 is just above where people decide to smoke,as you can imagine after 5/6 people smoking wasn't long before our room stunk of smoke,tip here for the hotel move the designated smoking area away from peoples rooms.now if your staying here I would advise you to ask for a room at the back of the hotel,not just because of the smoke/noise but the noise from the airport itself,now I know its near the airport but its impossible to sleep with the relentless noise,now maybe they have moved the flight path from the airport since I last stayed because no way was it that noisy last time,i accept that's not the hotels problem,so the choice you have is sleep with the window closed and listen to the noisy aircon,or open the window but don't sleep because of the noise off the aircraft,with the restaurant busy the previous night we decided to get up early for breakfast at 7am,no need we were the only ones eating.breakfast set up is not your normal premier inn buffet,all cereal/juice/toast ete is set out on a table but your cooked breakfast order is taken by the staff and cooked to order,nice you would think,but sadly not,the waiter decided to go and sit in the office for twenty minutes before he took our order,after another twenty minutes of talking to one of the chefs in the office our food arrived,now im no chef but if I sent out what was served I would think about a different job,food was luke warm,my daughter only wanted bacon,it arrived full of what I can only describe as brown grease all over the plate,beans heated up in the microwave for about 2 seconds,sausages cremated,maybe its because he was keep going from the kitchen to join in the conversation with the rest of them in the office,to quickly sum things up.clean rooms,good reception staff,very noisy not all the hotels fault,poor breakfast food/service

Room Tip: book a room at the back of the hotel
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed the Thursday and Friday nights as we had a trackday at the near by circuit on the Friday
We were initially concerned about parking our cars with their trailers but that didn't prove an issue at all
Check In was good but when I asked for a 2nd keycard for my son we couldn't get one that worked and ended up with a Staff Card much to his amusement
The Room was as every PI room is and was without issue
The First night we had 11 for dinner which we had pre booked which went without a hitch despite the dinning room being very small and a bar stocktaking taking place between 10:30-11:30
The second night however we were pre warned about how busy they were and the food may take a little longer. when it did arrive there were several minor issues chips not wedges, etc etc
which were quickly sorted
Rather annoyingly after a few of our party had gone to bed including me those remaining were presented with an £80 bar bill that they had forgot to add to the Meal Bill
However that aside I am sure we will be back next time we are at Donnington

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Premier Inn at East Mids airport was just a couple of minutes from the airport, no flight noise in the room and although a little tight on space for family of 4, very comfortable and fantastic stress free way to arrive for a 7am flight to Palma. Continental breakfast available from 4am was a nice way to get our journey underway. Staff were very friendly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
0 mi away
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Travelodge Nottingham EM Airport Donington Park M1
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel

Been to Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!