“Great staff”

Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel
Staffordshire, UK
“Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently stayed at Castle Donnington Premier Inn on route to a 4x4 Show at Donnington Park. We used the opportunity to have a bit of a reunion of 16 friends and all booked into the hotel.

Considering the size of our party, the staff on duty couldn't have been better! Particular thanks go to Sebastian and Sally who were there when we arrived at 4pm and looked after us through til late. They were both back on duty at 7am and were helpful, cheery and polite!

We book PI as you know what you are getting - large, comfortable beds, spacious rooms and clean bathrooms with good facilities.

Menu not so great for vegetarians but the staff were very accommodating!

Room Tip: Dinner/breakfast meal deal great for carnivores!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Ended up stranded at the airport due to our flight being canceled due to snow. Booked last minute & price as reasonable at £50, considering the circumstances.
Rooms were clean & modern
Restaurant in the hotel was OK,pretty much what you`d expect. Availed of their meals deal £22/23 for a 3 course meal, incl drink & breakfast.
Requested an extra duvet which was brought to my room after a 2nd request without the cover on they duvet! I had to put it on myself, found this a little disappointing
Little airport noise
Approx 1 mile from airport, we took a taxi

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed as a group for 1 night on a stay over before flying the next morning. The hotel reception were polite, quick and well organised on arrival.

The room was clean, warm and the beds are ALWAYS so comfy! For £29 in the room sale this was a total bargain buy.

The hotel was very busy but the staff went out of their way to make us up a table in the bar as the restaurant was full. The food was good and well priced. The burgers were lovely :-)

I would recommend staying here anytime when flying from East Midlands, it was only a short 20 minute walk or 5 min drive away from the terminal. The hotel was quiet and we got a great sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mistykerry8015
Castleford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner stayed overnight before catching a flight from the airport. Good location and clean rooms. Little noise from the airport as the rooms are week insulated from outside noise. But does that really matter when you have the loudest air con / heating system imaginable. In the end I had to turn the heating off so I could get some sleep. We opted for the evening meal breakfast deal as we have done on many occasions at other premier locations. This one had to be the worst. The evening meal was ok. But I'm still baffled as to how my partners starter of sticky gougeon chicken and my main if the same had the same amount of sticky chicken and the only difference was the amount of lettuce I got. I failed to see the almost 5 pound difference in value. We ordered onion rings which arrived after my partner had finished his main meal.

The usual fantastic breakfast was terrible. The bacon had just been held down on the griddle until it had griddle marks on but was sadly under cooked and was unable to eat it. The mushrooms resembled tinned mushrooms that had just been boiled up. And the tomato had as the bacon just been shown the griddle. It was still raw and cold. That been said the poached egg was cooked to perfection.
If flying from East Midlands again I will have to look else where. Which is a shame as I have always been very happy with the premier inn chain.

This stay wouldn't stop me staying at a premier inn else where though. I just didn't feel we got the same standard we have from other locations.

• Stayed February 2013
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Much like all the other relatively new ones. Rooms well laid out and spacious. Reception and restaurant area pleasant and clean. Breakfast is very good, lots of choices.

We have stayed here 3 times on our way up north and will continue to do so.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank glyncoy
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

stayed a night here and I was very pleased. The bed is comfortable and the room is spacious.There was a lot of tv channels to chose from on the tv. The breakfast was of a good quality and the staff were very friendly. Highly recommended

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Exmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my first stay in a big brand hotel chain, bills being met by my employer. The (all-male) staff were very accommodating and friendly.The rooms were fresh and clean. They were obviously saving money with no heating on the stairways so I took the lift when I thought to do so. The food was good enough with the cheerful waiting staff adding a pleasant edge to what could have been quite an ordinary experience at dinner and breakfast. Drinks, as expected, were quite expensive. Overall I was impressed with my stay because it all seemed successfully thought out enough to give me a good customer experience, even if I wasn't paying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Days Inn Donington A50
Days Inn Donington A50
#1 of 1 in Shardlow

Been to Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!