“Not the usual premier inn standard”

Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Not the usual premier inn standard”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner stayed overnight before catching a flight from the airport. Good location and clean rooms. Little noise from the airport as the rooms are week insulated from outside noise. But does that really matter when you have the loudest air con / heating system imaginable. In the end I had to turn the heating off so I could get some sleep. We opted for the evening meal breakfast deal as we have done on many occasions at other premier locations. This one had to be the worst. The evening meal was ok. But I'm still baffled as to how my partners starter of sticky gougeon chicken and my main if the same had the same amount of sticky chicken and the only difference was the amount of lettuce I got. I failed to see the almost 5 pound difference in value. We ordered onion rings which arrived after my partner had finished his main meal.

The usual fantastic breakfast was terrible. The bacon had just been held down on the griddle until it had griddle marks on but was sadly under cooked and was unable to eat it. The mushrooms resembled tinned mushrooms that had just been boiled up. And the tomato had as the bacon just been shown the griddle. It was still raw and cold. That been said the poached egg was cooked to perfection.
If flying from East Midlands again I will have to look else where. Which is a shame as I have always been very happy with the premier inn chain.

This stay wouldn't stop me staying at a premier inn else where though. I just didn't feel we got the same standard we have from other locations.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Much like all the other relatively new ones. Rooms well laid out and spacious. Reception and restaurant area pleasant and clean. Breakfast is very good, lots of choices.

We have stayed here 3 times on our way up north and will continue to do so.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank glyncoy
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

stayed a night here and I was very pleased. The bed is comfortable and the room is spacious.There was a lot of tv channels to chose from on the tv. The breakfast was of a good quality and the staff were very friendly. Highly recommended

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my first stay in a big brand hotel chain, bills being met by my employer. The (all-male) staff were very accommodating and friendly.The rooms were fresh and clean. They were obviously saving money with no heating on the stairways so I took the lift when I thought to do so. The food was good enough with the cheerful waiting staff adding a pleasant edge to what could have been quite an ordinary experience at dinner and breakfast. Drinks, as expected, were quite expensive. Overall I was impressed with my stay because it all seemed successfully thought out enough to give me a good customer experience, even if I wasn't paying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

we stayed for one night at this hotel as we were flying early next morning and the weather was bad when we arrived at the hotel we received a very warm and friendly welcome from the staff on reception we went to the room it was very specious with en-suite very clean through out the hotel there was a tv ,tea and coffee making facilties hair dryer , we left our things and went down to the bar for drink also had built in restaurant as they say a big comfortable bed and pillows which is true . next morning we had a continental breakfast all you could eat which was extra .very nice and they didn't charge you to park in the car park for the night at the hotel ,but when we stayed at the premier inn at manchester airport we had to pay to park in car park at the hotel ,which with you staying there you wouldn't have to pay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine W
midlands
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had no intention of staying in a hotel as we only live 30 mins away from the airport but this was the week the heavy snowfall arrived so we bit the bullet and decided to do an overnight stay here as we had an early flight.
When we checked in we were met with a very enthusiastic and extremely friendly informative receptionist who would not be out of place is a 5 star establishment never mind a budget hotel and within no time we were booked into a warm room with our evening meal booked.

The restaurant staff were a little slow to seat us and the gap between sitting down to eat and getting our starter was a bit too long not to make us agitated as it wasn't busy but it was disorganised but when the food did arrive it was hot and edible.
We didn't get to eat breakfast as we had an early flight but there was an option of a continental and a hot drink if you wanted it at silly o' clock in the morning which we didn't.

We did not use their stay and park facility as we didn't intend to stay overnight so had booked a car park onsite months before but if we ever stayed here again we would use it as it was very keenly priced so bear it in mind if you are staying here the night before a flight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ExcaliberMidlands
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Would defiantly stay at this hotel again east midlands very friendly and clean the staff are very approachable nothing is to much trouble for them, I would recommend these premier hotels, we stayed for one night as the weather was really bad, normally I would go straight to airport and glad I had the opportunity to try it so go for it guys give it a try

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#2 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Best Western Nottingham Derby

Been to Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!