I stayed at the Waltzing Weasel Inn, Birch Vale with three friends in July 2009 on a special weekend break that included DB&B. The main attraction was the location and our plan was to do some hill walking in the surrounding countryside.
After reading some of the previous reviews I was rather apprehensive about the Waltzing Weasel, but this was totally unfounded. All four of us are experienced travellers and we found the Waltzing Weasel absolutely brilliant. The owner John was a great host and the barman Steve was very friendly and helpful. All the staff were very professional and efficient; it’s a pity that not all places are run as well as this one.
I stayed in room 7, which was a large double, old fashioned but clean and functional. Tea & coffee facilities were provided and a large ensuite bathroom with bath & shower over the bath. Plenty of clean white towels and lashing of hot water at all times. My friends stopped in room 8, which was a large family room with a double and full sized single bed and room 3 which was a small single. All were ensuite, clean and functional.
On the Friday night there was a special Spanish night with fantastic Spanish food and wine. Food was very tasty and well cooked and the service was swift and friendly. All the bedrooms were quite at night, but there was a bit of road noise from room 3, which is at the front of the inn.
Both breakfasts were great, plenty of choice and all the food was cooked perfectly and served quickly and efficiently.
Saturday night meal was from a large menu and again everything was cooked to perfection and served efficiently.
The Waltzing Weasel is the perfect location for exploring the High Peaks and you can do many walks straight from the inn as there are many local footpaths nearby. Luckily for us despite the bad weather forecast, we had a rain free weekend and enjoyed perfect walking conditions.
The food was so good at the WW we returned there for Sunday Lunch and were not disappointed, again a great meal.
So well done to John and his team and good luck for the future, we would certainly return to the Waltzing Weasel Inn. A Great Weekend!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waltzing Weasel now with new owners since May 2013. The bedrooms has gone through a refurbishment and is now run a family as a Bed and Breakfast. The Waltzing Weasel historically dates back nearly 400 years and is ideally located in the walking country of the High Peak in the Peak District. Situated along side of the Sett Valley Trail, views of Kinder Scout and surrounding hills and moors can be enjoyed. The Waltzing Weasel makes an ideal venue for families, visitors, walkers, cyclist or stressed business people who want to chill and be pampered. Guests can relax in one of the eight luxurious bedrooms with en-suite. The Grande bedroom (Room 6) has a beautiful 300-year-old Jacobean half tester bed and leather settee for that added comfort. All rooms and public areas have free WiFi access. The Waltzing Weasel's offers breakfast in one of the best room in the house overlooking views of Kinder Scout. There is a courtyard and a pleasant garden where you can sit and enjoy the beautiful setting. The Waltzing Weasel's aim is to provide a civilised retreat for those looking for a welcome break. We are located only forty minutes away from Manchester and its international airport, and are in easy reach of Sheffield, Stockport, Buxton and Glossop. Those who enjoy walking or cycling or just relaxing in the countryside will be delighted with the location of the Waltzing Weasel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Waltzing Weasel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waltzing Weasel Hotel Birch Vale
- The Waltzing Weasel Birch Vale, United Kingdom