We went to this BnB on a Bank holiday weekend and stayed there for two nights. Location was nice, had splenty of parking space. But our room was like a loft. there was a small window on the ceiling but we couldn't open it as it was mouldy. The room itself smelled a bit of fresh paint with dampness combined. There was also not thermostat so we couldn't change the heating temperature. It was quite hot at night and we had difficulty sleeping. Otherwise the room and the bathroom were clean. It had a small garden. Not big enough like it is shown in the picture. But yes, you could sit there as they had benches and it was beautiful with lots of flowers and foliage.
They had a good selection of food menu but it was a bit pricey.
The staff was friendly and the service was quick. I am sure the other rooms were fine, we were just unlucky to the get the attic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waltzing Weasel now with new owners since May 2013. The bedrooms has gone through a refurbishment and is now run a family as a Bed and Breakfast. The Waltzing Weasel historically dates back nearly 400 years and is ideally located in the walking country of the High Peak in the Peak District. Situated along side of the Sett Valley Trail, views of Kinder Scout and surrounding hills and moors can be enjoyed. The Waltzing Weasel makes an ideal venue for families, visitors, walkers, cyclist or stressed business people who want to chill and be pampered. Guests can relax in one of the eight luxurious bedrooms with en-suite. The Grande bedroom (Room 6) has a beautiful 300-year-old Jacobean half tester bed and leather settee for that added comfort. All rooms and public areas have free WiFi access. The Waltzing Weasel's offers breakfast in one of the best room in the house overlooking views of Kinder Scout. There is a courtyard and a pleasant garden where you can sit and enjoy the beautiful setting. The Waltzing Weasel's aim is to provide a civilised retreat for those looking for a welcome break. We are located only forty minutes away from Manchester and its international airport, and are in easy reach of Sheffield, Stockport, Buxton and Glossop. Those who enjoy walking or cycling or just relaxing in the countryside will be delighted with the location of the Waltzing Weasel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waltzing Weasel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waltzing Weasel Hotel Birch Vale
- The Waltzing Weasel Birch Vale, United Kingdom