“Go to Graze!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Graze - CLOSED

Graze
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ripley, United Kingdom
“Go to Graze!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to Graze to celebrate my sons birthday after hearing some great reviews from friends. First of all, the decor is fantastic and helps create great atmosphere, especially for a restaurant of its size. The staff were attentive and friendly and the food was delicious. As a group we all ordered very different things from the menu but all of them were cooked to perfection, and presented beautifully. I look forward to finding an excuse to visit again soon.

Visited December 2013

Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We went on a saturday night with friends,we were seated straight away,as we had booked the Christmas menu we didn't have to select what we wanted to eat.
The service was very good and the food was excellent.

Derby, United Kingdom
“An OK evening”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was an eagerly anticipated trip to a local venue. Granted this was a Christmas menu so it may not be typical. Food wise the four of us all had different starters ranging from a 'lovely' smoked mackerel dish, pleasing mushroom and stilton risotto, to a very average chicken liver parfait. Both the mackerel and chicken liver parfait were served with inadequate crisp bread for the amounts. The mains were better though and we had turkey, beef, duck and lamb courses , all were good, competently cooked, hot (important) well presented but NOT gastro style, by this I mean the presentation was ok but not stunning. The puds were again only ok, the lemon posset is NOTto die for unless you like a solid flavoured set double cream ( where was the meringue??) the cheese board was good the Christmas pudding sharp and tangy, pleasant, but not typical for a Christmas pudding. Overall the food ranged from good to ok and to be honest for the price (£25 a head) and the 'hype' we had hoped for better. What did disappoint however was the atmosphere, we thought it was a smaller more intimate affair (our mistake clearly) we were placed next to the kitchen doors and did not ask to be moved as we thought the venue was to be booked up! this was not the case it was only half to two thirds full and were there till 10.30pm. We had to give a £10 a head deposit and email our menu choices two days earlier so thought it was because the place was mega busy!!!??? This was strange as others coming in were handed menus!! The staff were ok if a little brusque and not much time given between courses and we were shown straight to our table for our reservation as though our table would be needed? The décor again was a surprise, it is more Debenhams café than bistro. All in all fine for a works or large group outing and for us, not a first choice for sophisticated or 'foody' dinner with friends.

Alfreton
“Classy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

After recommendations from a couple of friends we managed to book a table on Saturday night. The staff were very welcoming and patient whilst we were deciding what to choose from the Christmas 3 course menu ( £24.95 ). I don't normally spend as much as this, but the food was wonderful and worth every penny. The menu was a revelation for me with such things as lemon posset and confit leg of duck ( very Masterchef ) and my friend and I will definitely be going back in the New Year to sample more dishes. A classy place and well worth a visit!

Belper, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service - Atmosphere could be improved.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Dined in a party of four on Saturday 30th November and whilst is wasn't too busy when we arrived it quickly filled up. I can honestly say I do not think I have had better food in the Belper area, (and I am a fussy so and so), the price was excellent value, our waitress was professional, attentive and friendly and the service was great. My only observation was that everyone was seated in one large dining area and as the night got busier the droning noise of lots of people talking was quite prominent - I would personally prefer a little quiet background music and the large dining area could be divided off into smaller sections to provide a more intimate experience, even if it was just with screens. That said I would most definitely go back as it was a super night.

• Visited November 2013