“Won't be returning any time soon”
Review of Graze - CLOSED

Graze
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for a meal to celebrate a birthday as a party of 8. On arrival we were showed to the table set in a large dining area. I must say the decor and layout are very nice but the lighting is a bit dim and the air conditioning was clearly not on as it was very hot! It started to go down hill when we had to ask to be served. We then ordered drinks and twice the waitress came back and stated that they didn't have what we had ordered! The menu was very confusing and difficult to understand. We had to ask what the special of the day was. Although the waitress knew what the dish was... She found if difficult to explain what it consisted of! There was a very long wait between courses, and although the restaurant was busy there appeared to be a lack of staff. We ordered a selection of garlic bread and garlic bread with cheese and caramelised onion. The garlic bread was rock hard and the garlic bread with cheese was undercooked. The mains we chose were over cooked and the sausage which formed part of the pork plate was charcoal. When it came to dessert, again we had to ask what the special was. This was key lime pie which was ordered by some of the party, only for the waitress to return and informing us that they didn't have any left. To top it all off, the cocktail choices had all been covered over with stickers! I guess this was as a result of a previous review whereby the staff didn't know how to make them! I know it is still early doors for Graze... But to compete with the already established excellent restaurants in the area, they need some serious improvements!

There are newer reviews for Graze

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Arrived at 6pm and were shown to a table in the lovely spacious restaurant and were brought menus promptly. We chose of the early bird menu and were not disappointed. I chose the mackerel tian and my husband the risotto both really good then I had the chicken dish and hubby had the pork plate which he said was up there as one of his best meals ever had and the separate plate of veg were yummy. We shared a cheeseboard and washed the meal down with a nicely chilled bottle of house wine. Couldn't fault anything about Graze great atmosphere and food and for £9.95 you can't go wrong.

1  Thank kathbirkett
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We ( a party of nine ) Wanted to going somewhere or should I say my daughter wanted to go somewhere special as it was her Birthday.
We were not disappointed.
The decor and layout has been designed to a good level that creates a nice fealing / atmosphere.
On arrival at the Graze we had a few drinks in the bar area and chose our meals. The waiter was very attentive and helped me on my choices and I must say the 4 bottles of wine that was recommended went down well.
We all had starters and a main and those who had a bit of room left had a dessert . The food was very good and the presentation was good. I had a fillet steak so did my daughter and her partner. The taste and texture of the fillet bought back memories when I had a wagyu steak on holiday.
All in all the visit for us was well worth it and my daughter has realy nice memories of her birthday. We will of course be going back.

1  Thank DerbyshireChris
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked in with a friend of mine last Saturday. I've always been impressed with the Graze in Derby so thought we would Belper a try. Firstly we thought the place looked great and from the moment we walked in the service was spot on. We ordered from the three course menu which was fantastic value for money as the food was beautiful, not only in taste but in presentation too. I've eaten in many places over the years but this has to be one of my favourite along with Graze Derby. Its safe to say we will be back.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have recently visited Graze to find myself in a culinary heaven. The customer service was really good and as soon as we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a very friendly and polite waitress.
The meal that we have ordered, Open Filet Salmon en Croute, was amazing. It was well seasoned and vegetables that were served with it were properly cooked- tender and crispy. Although I am (try to be!) on a diet, I have decided to give a dessert a go. Bakewell Tart felt like heaven in your mouth. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Overall experience was extremely good and I will definitely visit Graze again.