“One of my favourite places!”
Review of The Talbot Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belper
The Talbot Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Belper B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have always had a special place in my heart for the Talbot having worked there as a teenager, and it has remained one of my most favourite restaurants throughout the years. We have had two major family events at the Talbot, our Wedding breakfast and evening reception and also my daughter's Christening. I can honestly not fault a single meal/over night stay/drink I have had here and would recommend to all. The guests at our wedding said both the sit down meal (a 3 course meal from a menu of 4 choices each course), was the best food they had tried. That along with the hot evening buffet were the talk of all the guests, even two years on!

The rooms in the hotel are beautifully finished with a "three bears" type feel to the chunky wooden furniture, with stunning bathroom en suites. The restaurant is rustic, with original Italian music, candle lit tables and in Winter a large central open fire.

The menu is all freshly prepared, and the steak and fish selection really can't be beaten anywhere locally.

I am looking forward to them opening on lunchtimes, as it will be my first choice for a summer lunch by the river.

The Talbot really is a special place and I would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Mlburton123
There are newer reviews for The Talbot Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2013

A group of us recently stayed here for a friends wedding and weren't disappointed. The combination of Caroline's attentive & welcoming nature front of house with Armando's skills in the kitchen resulted in a very well run hotel & restaurant that delivered on all counts. The rooms are lovely, the restaurant full of character, and the bar area well stocked with an open fire. Should we ever find ourselves needing accommodation in the Derbyshire Dales again we will return without hesitation!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank semajb01
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We visited The Talbot on Saturday 16/02/13 to attend a close fiend's 60th birthday celebration in the restaurant upsatirs, (Armando's).. I booked well in advance, as I had heard that there would be a limited number of rooms available. I made my reservation with Caroline, who could not have been more helpful. On arrival we walked into the welcoming well stocked bar. We were greeted on arrival by Caroline and shown our lovely en suite room for the night (room 4), to drop in our overnight case, before joining our friends in the bar for pre-dinner drinks. The meal was excellent, and we then retired to a very warm and cosy bedroom. I would recommend this hotel to any visitor to Belper.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Linglyn_Travel
Reviewed July 8, 2012

myself and my wife and 2 friends stayed overnight recently. we booked in advance and paid extra for 'full english' breakfast. It did not live up to its name. No Menu. No being asked what we wanted. We were just presented with a bacon sandwich - made with toast - with a fried egg inside. We were asked if we wanted a coffee - tea was not offered - and cappucino's were delivered. Again, we were not asked how we wanted our coffee. Time was against us so we did not argue. Be warned.
Accomodation was very good.

2  Thank Chris G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belper
The Lion Hotel
#1 of 10 in Belper
The Bear Inn & Hotel
The Bear Inn & Hotel
#1 of 2 in Belper

Been to The Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!