“DON'T GO!”

Nourish at No44
Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in Belper
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nourish at No44. Set in the beautiful historic market town of Belper.Once an old pub, which dates back to the 16th century, now converted into a shabby chic candle lit Bistro by night, and bustling café barista by day. We have a passion for producing honest classic food, locally sourced wherever possible.Our menus are a serious blend of classic French and traditionally British dishes, served with a modern twist.We are an independent privately owned business.Our chef owner has a wealth of experience and his cooking skills shines through with his ability to turn seasonal and inexpensive food items into affordable and interesting dishes.“To understand our ethos”It’s all about the food, flavours and wine at No44.There is no pretentious fussy service, no linen, or fancy waiters; instead you will find a simple relaxed friendly service, in an intimate atmosphere, at an affordable price. Finalists in the Derby food awards "Best out of town". Best new comer. Best small business . Great British food. Gold taste award.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Well where will I start it was bad from start to finish!staff unhelpful&rude!food was awful!ya pay good Money to enjoy yaself!NOT THERE!wish I had gone down street for fish&chips!x it should have been a nice night but wasn't!

2  Thank nickidee72
There are newer reviews for Nourish at No44

Reviewed March 2, 2013

As a bit of a 'foodie' I was overjoyed to hear about Nourish and couldn't wait to go and see what it was like. Myself and my partner arranged to go for a meal with another couple for our Christmas get-together. We knew that it was difficult to get a table in an evening without booking well in advance so we booked a table for a date 2-3 weeks away. On arrival, we were told abruptly that there was no booking under our name. We knew that this absolutely was not our error as the date had had to be carefully selected to suit all members of our (very busy) party and we politely said as much. The lady who dealt with us was sarcastic and frankly down right rude. She insisted that it was our fault, that there was no booking and that they were fully booked for the evening. The more we stood our ground, the ruder she got. After a good 10 minutes of extremely uncomfortable debate, she seemed to realise that we weren't going anywhere and 'found' us a table. We were then served very efficiently by another member of staff and the food was truly excellent - I honestly couldn't fault it. The menu was varied and well put together, the pricing felt reasonable and the dishes were beautifully presented.

Overall, I feel very sad about my experience there as it really is lovely to have somewhere serving such a high standard of food so close by, but unfortunately my dealings with the woman who I think is the proprietor have left me feeling like I would rather go elsewhere than line her pocket! She may be part way to having a winning formula but unless she changes her attitude and develops some manners, I suspect there will be many others who feel the same as I do and do not return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

After visiting Belper several times, this is by far one of my favourite places in the area to grab a bite to eat, enjoy a drink or simply sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee.

I was astounded to find some customers gave it anything below 4 on trip advisor. On my first visit, upon arriving a member of staff showed us to our seats and from there we were served great food - we went for breakfast each having a Breakfast Bap and a coffee.

It's a great venue and looks amazing setting itself apart from other restaurants, cafes and coffee shops in the area. After speaking to the owner on one of our visits (who was very approachable and welcoming) it was evident a lot of thought had gone into making it both a memorable and enjoyable experience for customers through customer service, great food and an amazing interior design.

If you are looking for a friendly and welcoming place to eat or simply have a drink, this is the place to go. This is the first review I've ever done on trip advisor paying testament to how much I actually enjoyed a simple day-to-day task like grabbing a bite to eat!

1  Thank Joshreeves14
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having already established we could not book a table, but usually there was a quick turn round, we risked going on Saturday with relatives from London. I walked in, and apart from being ignored at first, I then asked if there was a table for four. "no", I then asked how long it would be did she think, to which I got a reply "If I knew that I would win the lottery" and a shrug. How rude and smug. What would it take to have a look round and assess the situation, perhaps saying it could be around 20 mins or so but no guarantee? So we went elsewhere, and to be honest after that encounter with a member of staff, or was it the management? I would not go back. Busy now, but with an attitude like that you can soon lose your ratings. What a shame.

2  Thank Jane560
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had no trouble with the service, which was friendly and efficient. We just had sandwiches, but nicely prepared and presented. And a side of excellent homemade (oven?) chips. And we got a few more than six! We are excited about going back for dinner sometime.