“Excellent Food, Customer Service and Location”
Review of Nourish at No44

Nourish at No44
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Belper
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nourish at No44. Set in the beautiful historic market town of Belper.Once an old pub, which dates back to the 16th century, now converted into a shabby chic candle lit Bistro by night, and bustling café barista by day. We have a passion for producing honest classic food, locally sourced wherever possible.Our menus are a serious blend of classic French and traditionally British dishes, served with a modern twist.We are an independent privately owned business.Our chef owner has a wealth of experience and his cooking skills shines through with his ability to turn seasonal and inexpensive food items into affordable and interesting dishes.“To understand our ethos”It’s all about the food, flavours and wine at No44.There is no pretentious fussy service, no linen, or fancy waiters; instead you will find a simple relaxed friendly service, in an intimate atmosphere, at an affordable price. National Winner of best restaurant 2017 / 2018 Great food club awards.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

After visiting Belper several times, this is by far one of my favourite places in the area to grab a bite to eat, enjoy a drink or simply sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee.

I was astounded to find some customers gave it anything below 4 on trip advisor. On my first visit, upon arriving a member of staff showed us to our seats and from there we were served great food - we went for breakfast each having a Breakfast Bap and a coffee.

It's a great venue and looks amazing setting itself apart from other restaurants, cafes and coffee shops in the area. After speaking to the owner on one of our visits (who was very approachable and welcoming) it was evident a lot of thought had gone into making it both a memorable and enjoyable experience for customers through customer service, great food and an amazing interior design.

If you are looking for a friendly and welcoming place to eat or simply have a drink, this is the place to go. This is the first review I've ever done on trip advisor paying testament to how much I actually enjoyed a simple day-to-day task like grabbing a bite to eat!

1  Thank Joshreeves14

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having already established we could not book a table, but usually there was a quick turn round, we risked going on Saturday with relatives from London. I walked in, and apart from being ignored at first, I then asked if there was a table for four. "no", I then asked how long it would be did she think, to which I got a reply "If I knew that I would win the lottery" and a shrug. How rude and smug. What would it take to have a look round and assess the situation, perhaps saying it could be around 20 mins or so but no guarantee? So we went elsewhere, and to be honest after that encounter with a member of staff, or was it the management? I would not go back. Busy now, but with an attitude like that you can soon lose your ratings. What a shame.

2  Thank Jane560
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had no trouble with the service, which was friendly and efficient. We just had sandwiches, but nicely prepared and presented. And a side of excellent homemade (oven?) chips. And we got a few more than six! We are excited about going back for dinner sometime.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food let down by atmosphere an reluctant waiting staff, almost a serve yourself at lunchtimes.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have visited Nourish at No. 44 on many occasions, be it a coffee, a quick drink, lunch or a full 'A la carte' menu, each time has been brilliant! I cannot fault the service, staff are always smiling and friendly, open the door on arrival and are promt to show you to a seat as well as attentive. Food has always been excellent and of a high standard, presentation is fantastic, a cut above the rest in Belper- excellent choice of wines too! In the daytime the choice of cakes are great, always leave me pondering at which to choose as they all look so good!! All round a great restaurant, ignore the bad reviews, I would not hesitate on returning, fab place and I hope they continue to do well!