Makeney Hall Hotel
Eastwood Hall(Eastwood)
$67
$61
1,124 results
All reviewsdrawing roombuy a gift voucherbridal suitemain buildingthe holly bush innevening mealconservatory restaurantafternoon teanight breakroom was largederbyshire countrysidewedding venuefood was lovelylovely settingself servicebeautiful buildingboth mornings
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We got married on the 3rd of November at Makeney Hall.
It is a gorgeous hotel with beautiful gardens and wonderful views from the room.
The room was clean, tidy and had the best bathtub ever!
The staff were lovely, patient and helpful.
We would 100% recommend it for staying and a perfect wedding venue.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kerry R, Manager at Makeney Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I’m so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience while with us. I will pass on your kind comments to the team and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is set in lovely grounds in a very nice part of the world. The hotel was in need of some TLC and the beds were very uncomfortable, as mentioned by others the staff are nice. Overall I'm glad that we had a voucher to stay as full price would not be worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ColMcK
Kerry R, Manager at Makeney Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that your stay was not entirely positive, for which I can only apologise. We do have an internal improvement scheme in place at the hotel and we do continuality try to improve the appearance of the hotel. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service. I hope that you re-visit us soon and provide us with an opportunity to restore the faith that has been lost.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Bathroom was dirty, mildew round the bath, bath panel had a big crack in it, there was no shower, just a shower hose that would only fit on the sink, not very good to wash long hair, there was no where to even hang our towels. There was no remote for the tv it took two complaints and two day to sort, we were a party of three yet they only supplied two cups for tea or coffee, the room was very tired and dated it really needs to be updated, and it looked like they had just placed any type of furniture in the room, did not match. I have stayed in many hotels across the country wether for work or leisure, this one would not be one that I would return too, or recommend to anyone. ratings out of 10 - a poor 4

Room Tip: don't bother, choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. I had notified the hotel by email that it was a special surprise break for my husband's 65th birthday. I received a call from Gemma who told me that they had upgraded our room for free and asked if there was anything else they could arrange. I asked for chocolates and a balloon with breakfast in bed on the actual birthday date. This was all arranged. Our room was actually the Strutt suite which had its own sauna! The hotel and grounds are lovely for a relaxing break. The food is very good and reasonably priced. We very much enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel which I found through Buyagift.com. Everything was spot on and my husband had a birthday treat to remember!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My partner and i came here on a groupon deal on the 19th of October. Both of us had read the reviews on here and some were quite scathing! well i'm happy to say we were amazed by how lovely everything was and not at all like the reviews ( some people can be so picky) food fabulous room very spacious and bed very comfortable and most of all very clean. I would definitely come back again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it friends or family either....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple