“The place to eat”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Catered for coeliacs. Brilliant choice of menu. Great to go to a restaurant that understands my dietary requirements

There are newer reviews for Angelos Restaurant at the New Inn

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Sunday lunch for six,first time visited,dont miss this one the food was fantastic,the service was excellent and the atmosphere was very good.

Highly recomended and we will most certainly be back.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We visited Angelos today 16 Sep 12 with Grandparents (one disabled; so access owing to steps could be an issue for those chair bound) and two children under 8 for Sunday lunch.
We'd attempted to eat there the week prior to be informed that they were fully booked. I'd recommend others also book early as its VERY popular. We had read previous reviews and Angelos had been recomended by many local residents so we had high expectations. In short Angelo EXCEEDED our expectations with fantastic personalised greeting and first class food. This will be the place we take our friends and family to when they come to stay. It's posh enough to be special without being pretentious and ridiculously expensive. Brill brill brill, thanks you all for a wonderful meal and we will be back!

1  Thank pinkybanks
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I were staying in the area. After looking on Tripadvisor for restaurants nearby we came across Angelo's. When I first tried to book a week in advance I was told they were already full. I requested that if they had a cancellation to let me know. I was thrilled when they contacted me and booked us in. When we arrived we were not disappointed. Friendly service and terrific food, the whole evening was superb. Lots to choose from on the menu. Prices were also reasonable and we left very happy.

If you like Italian food and are in the area, Angelo's is a must visit - but try to book way in advance.

1  Thank carlosftw
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We visited as a large family group with an age range of 8 to 70 for Sunday lunch. The seating / bar area is quite small so we had to go straight to our table for drinks, but it's not a problem.

The staff are freindly, polite and great with kids. The Sunday lunch menu gave great choice for all of the courses and they offered to do any meal as a smaller portion for the children and even offered alternatives for them as well if nothing suited them.

The service from ordering to starters was very quick and everything was very hot and well presented. On the main courses there was an ample supply of potatoes and vegetables and we are asked if we wanted more and again during the meal we were asked if more were required. The portions are large and the quality is good.

The house wine at £12.50 a bottle was excellent value and good quality.

Overall a really great meal, in pleasant surroundings with friendly staff who were very attentive. We'll be back again for sure.