“Great place in Belper!!”
Review of The Devonshire

The Devonshire
Ranked #36 of 79 Restaurants in Belper
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a small town Pub/Restaurant situated in the heart of Belper, Derbyshire. We serve home made traditional and modern Lunches and Dinners. Generous selection of menu's, including locally sourced meats, specials and home made desserts. Also a Carvery served 12 noon-3pm Mon to Sat, 5pm-8pm Mon to Sat and 12 noon-7pm Sunday.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went with family for lunch. Pie was great and the desert was fantastic!! Everyone said they enjoyed their food and would go again.

There are newer reviews for The Devonshire

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I made our third visit to this pub/restaurant last night (Sunday) We both had the carvery, which was excellent value for money at £7.50. The lamb we both had was served in nice big chunks instead of the wafer thin slices you get at some carveries. There was an excellent variety of vegetables to go with it, including my favourite - well-baked cauliflower cheese! And the gravy was really tasty too. It is obviously very popular with a constant flow of people going up to the carvery.
We then indulged in delightful desserts - I had the white chocolate cheesecake and my husband had the cherry pie, both with ice cream. The portions were very generous, but I would have liked a little more ice cream as we only had a small scoop each. But this is a minor grumble.
The only other slight grumble is that the waiting staff could have been a bit more attentive, as we had to wait nearly ten minutes for our main course plates to be cleared away and then we had to ask for the dessert menu as this was not offered straightaway. It also took a while to attract their attention as no milk was brought with my pot of tea. But maybe they were new waitresses just learning the job.
In summary, the food was excellent as usual, the service slightly less so on this occasion - but perhaps this was just a one-off. Don't let that put anyone off.

1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food , lovely staff .
Good quality home cooked grub @ a wonderful price .
Will 100% be returning & bringing the family along .

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Horrendous! The staff were very ignorant and were stood behind the bar quite obviously making rude remarks about my friend and I. We waited over an hour for food and there were no apologies or compensation for this... the plates were just slammed down in front of us.

6  Thank JadieAnn
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Parking on site gave easy access to the pub and on entering we were greeted with a warm friendly welcome from ALL staff. There were 2 real ales on hand pump, Doom Bar & Brains and both were very good.
The place was very clean and tidy with plenty of space for dining so you were not squashed in a corner.
The Menu was pretty extensive especially with a lot of vegetarian options aswell.
There was no wait for the food that was definately home cooked. Both dishes that we had were extremely good and superb value for money. I would definately reccomend this pub/restaurant as one of the best in the area.