“Shame we live so far away!”
Review of Elaichi

Elaichi
Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Belper
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dined at Elachi, on our recent visit to Belper from our home in West Yorks. On arrival at the restaurant we were pleasantly surprised, the interior was smart, pristine clean, fresh flowers on the tables, and on a very warm evening we were grateful for the air-con.

The staff were all smart, helpful, and guided us on our choice of dishes from the superb menu.

The food was well presented, very fresh, with lovely rich flavours. One of the best Indian/Bangladeshi meals we have ever had.

Thank you Elaichi, for a superb meal, we are just sorry that we do not live closer, if this were so we would be regular diners. Keep up the high standards!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Elaichi is just brilliant, food that tempts you as soon as you walk in. Akhtar and his staff are just extremely welcoming and cannot do enough for you, if you ask for a little more time before starting your main meal then it is no problem at all, menu is very varied and we personally have tried several dishes off this extensive menu, wine list again is excellent and great choice. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone and would not hesitate to do so. Wonderful restaurant, wonderful people and wonderful menu. Hurrah for the Elaichi, don't change whatever you do.

David & Angie Greatorex

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I went to Elechi for a meal with 6 friends. The service, food staff and atmosphere were excellent. The lamb methi was beautiful with lamb that melted in your mouth just how I like it, they even gave me my 50p for the car park across the road. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our anniversary fell on a Wednesday, we were stuck at where to go, it needed to be local and late (after work and looking after grandson) booked into Elaichi at 8pm after reading positive trip adviser views and we were not disappointed. The service was wonderful as well as the food, nothing was too much trouble and seemed really genuine. We went the 'whole hog' with starters, mains, side dishes, wine, coffee and liqueurs. Not something you usually do when you go for 'an Indian' last thing at night. The other diners seemed to be enjoying themselves as well.
I am sure if you dine at weekends you may get a different experience with a more lively atmosphere and the staff may not have as much time for you, however that may suit some people (as well as us on occasions) but i am sure the food and service would be almost as good.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on several occasions. I have never been disappointed. The food is excellent. Wonderful choice at reasonable prices. To top this the staff cannot do enough for you.
I would have not hesitation in recommending this restaurant.