“Return visit”

The Yorkshire Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bamford B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have been to the Yorkshire bridge many times and we have always enjoyed it.This time we were with a walking group.The accommodation was very clean and comfortable.,We were in room 14 which has a patio door on to the car park.Out side the patio door there is a bench with flowers around which was very pretty.In fact all the gardens around the Yorkshire bridge are beautiful. All the food was excellent plenty of choice ,as well as the menu, there was a specials board.All the staff are very friendly and helpful ,nothing was to much trouble.Everyone in our group enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Yorkshire Bridge Inn

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I visited on a Sunday lunchtime with my 18 month old daughter and left wholly unimpressed with the Yorkshire Bridge. The issues were:
- I had to ask 2 times for a side plate so I could share a little food with my daughter
- Having asked the waitress for a tea spoon (for my daughter) and some mustard I felt that the manner of her response indicated I was highlight unlikely to receive these........I was correct. When the waitress returned to the area I was sat in she seemingly tried her hardest not to look in my direction
- The lamb pie, for £12, was really poor, with not very much lamb, but lots of sauce which had an overpowering taste of gravy granules, i.e. not very nice. It was served with 3 small potatoes, 2 limp (overcooked) florets of broccoli and a few slices of overcooked tasteless carrots. For £12....really?
- Whilst I was dining the waitresses brought food to the people at the table next to me no less than 3 times..........they had already eaten and had not ordered more. Obviously a complete lack of functioning communication between kitchen and front of house.

Trading on location. Lesson learnt. Never to return

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rumble_Fish_3672
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights here in August and were very happy with our clean and comfortable accommodation. The staff members were very helpful, polite and courteous and made us feel welcome. We did some great walks in the area over the 2 full days we had and left having felt we'd got a real feel for the northern Peak District which is stunning and not too busy. We loved ending each day with a local ale or 2 at the bar and were pleasantly surprised as to how quiet it was, even before 11pm when the pub closed each night (we stayed over a weekend.) Staying at the Yorkshire Bridge Hotel was a memorable part of our UK holiday. The gardens around the inn and the courtyard added to the charm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having visited the Yorkshire Bridge Inn some years ago and at that time were met by the Proprietor with a friendly welcome and chat about the local area. On this occasion the very shabby reception area was "manned" by a lady who was obviously multi tasking including mopping the floors, serving breakfasts and acting as receptionist. Our request for a "nice room" was met with "we're busy"! A couple of times we visited the Reception with queries or requests and most of the time there was no-one available. Our wet towels were not replaced even though placed in the bath and the following day were only replaced with one bath towel instead of two. We had to seek out one of the bar staff to ask for additional towels but were advised there was no-one at reception that night to respond to our request. Thus whilst the Inn is a lovely place to visit with excellent rooms - the lack of staff and disappointing house-keeping lets the place down. The Proprietor needs to upgrade the Reception area and ensure that someone trained in hotel management or reception duties is employed to look after guests rather than expecting cleaners to multi-task. The food was decent "pub grub" and the breakfasts okay, however the smoked haddock was awful, and the poached eggs hard, along with tepid coffee. Our first impressions of the Yorkshire Bridge Inn were dire because of the poor Reception. However if the owner were to sort out the Reception and employ someone "front of house" with a cheery welcome and iron out the minor housekeeping anomalies - then this would be a lovely place to stay. I probably wouldn't stay again but only because the Inn is a little isolated for my tastes but excellent for walkers who don't want to travel around. Thus Mr Proprietor - you need to get your act together!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After staying for the weekend I thought I would write my first review on here as it totally ruined our stay .
Friday we arrived , taken to our room - NICE
Friday evening meal was lovely , and service with a smile from the girls - SMASHING
Saturday breakfast was great , and served again with a smile - MARVELLOUS
Saturday evening meal , although the pub was extreamley busy was served prompt and was tasty and served pleasently - TREMENDOUS
Sunday breakfast , the breakfast was nice again , however the way we were spoken to by the waitress was SO out of order . She made us feel awkward even when we asked for coffee . She slammed the plates down and when we asked for toast , it was as if we had asked for drugs with the look on her face . I know it was busy at breakfast , but all the other staff seemed to manage and treat people with a smile and care-TERRIBLE
Unfortunatley this experience has put us off from returning .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve S
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We called here for a post walk dinner, the bar was steady but not busy, the landlord or barman can't be sure, was serving another customer but failed to acknowledge me. He then preceded to serve some locals out of turn, in my opinion before unceremoniously asking who was next, surely you can keep tabs of a quiet bar? We ordered drinks, a wine & a local bitter, both excellent & well kept. We suggested a tab as we'd like food to be told that we'd have to leave a card behind the bar, a practice I dislike wholeheartedly, so we paid cash. We sat down & looked at the menu, which for a country pub with this potential was a little uninspiring, I dibbed for steak & kidney pie, the wife a spinach cannelloni. The chips served with the pie were a bought in product, so disappointed there, the pie was microwaved which affected the pastry, but otherwise very tasty, the cannelloni was a lasagne, over sauced, but again tasty. Both meals arrived in good time & the service was ok. I fancied a desert so plumbed for a bakewell pudding which was again over microwaved affecting the pastry!
There are things here that are great & things that let the place down, don't treat locals any different from other visitors, we are all customers & I'm always dubious when asked "was that alright?" Like they're expecting complaints?

This could be a gem if the welcome was better & the food all fresh !

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went to the Yorkshire bridge for tea with my partner and kids.The beer I had was Bradfield brewery bombs gone great drink. The food was a good standard and well worth the money. The staff was friendly too. Only down side for me is if you want a tab opening you have to leave your card behind the bar. Over all had a good time and meal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamford
George Hotel
#2 of 4 in Bamford
Millstone Country Inn
Millstone Country Inn
#2 of 4 in Hathersage

Been to The Yorkshire Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!