“Bloody awful”
Review of Snake Pass Inn

Snake Pass Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Bamford B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The surrounding location of snake pass is lovely. Really Gorgeous views. The snake pass inn however, puts a real downer on the whole thing.

From the get go the atmosphere was dull and unwelcoming.

No smiles, ugly decorating.. Would prefer to go without eating then hand them my money.

• Stayed: August 2013
S A, Manager at Snake Pass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hi, I'm really sorry you had a bad experience with us. There's been a change in management, and a change in chef. I'd love to try and make a mends on any ill feeling caused, if you're ever in the area.

There are newer reviews for Snake Pass Inn

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I only stayed for 1 night as we had a gift voucher... After we found the hotel!! which did not relate to the address on the coupon we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was excellant. We also had our evening meal here which again was very good.. huge portions. There are walks from the hotel and lovely views.
Would love to return.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2. A large room nice and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandraPeterborough
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend away at this friendly Inn. We loved the history of the Inn, with plenty of pictures and write ups on the walls around the bar area! Our room was lovely and comfortable with all we required and plenty of storage. It was lovely to sit outside and have a drink, we even ate outside one evening. The food was lovely pub food with large portions. We were happy to wait for the food when it was busy, after all, it was a relaxing weekend away!! The pace was nice and relaxed and it was always service with a smile! The staff were really friendly and helpful and to be honest really made the weekend for us! Thank you Mandy, Lisa, Laura and Rich!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was a little put off when I arrived as the Inn appeared somewhat ‘down at heel’ - a look not helped by the old and faded artificial flowers in the beds by the main doors! But I was soon won over by the friendly welcome given by the staff and the fuss they made of my elderly Jack Russell terrier, Jamie.
We were given apartment 11 ( upstairs in the annex) Our rooms were small but spotlessly clean and comfortable. There was no shower but the bath was great with plenty of hot water. The night we arrived there was a terrific storm and as a consequence the TV signal was lost several times. There is no mobile phone signal in the area which can be a problem. The pub itself seemed friendly - a good traditional Inn. Breakfast was good and I left well set up for a days walking in the wonderful surrounding countryside.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our children paid for this as a Christmas gift, room 13 outside was our first room, kettle needed replacing or some sterodent to clean it, toilet seat was broken,shower door would not stay shut & I am a large guy but everytime I turned around door opened, shower tray did not empty for at least ten minutes.
There was a couple of guys in the room above who obviously had had a drink it being a lovelly pub, decent pint, but everytime they visited toilet you could hear every step.
Felt sorry for staff next day chef did not turn in until late, however they did brilliant in providing a lovelly full english breakfast.
2nd room slightly better room 14 however following a shower over bath water did not disappear for twenty minutes, when water let out of sink it filled bath with water so obviously a problem with the drains. Next day following heavy rainfall found rain beetle in bath and dirty water, drains smelt hotel needs to have these checked over I would suggest. Again kettle needed a good clean.
I would confirm that the full english breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: I would guess rooms in house are better than outside, but reason given to us for us having an outsid...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If your us to old fashioned and like heritage then this 200 year old inn is for you, I would advise those wanting a 5* posh place to go else were! We booked last minute and they were more than happy to accommodate us, when we arrived we got greeted by the famous mandy who was lovely and realy does try to make you feel welcome. The room was yet to be redecorated but still it fitted well with the inn and its originality. The food was lovely and well priced again they tried there best to accommodate any requests.
The inn is situated on the roadside but is quiet at night and has a lovely woods opposite to go and explore, plenty of things around the area to do also.
Overall a very pleasant stay and we will definitely return

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lewisc26
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We chose to stay here after having stopped for drinks a few times when travelling to and from Sheffield for Hospital appointments. It was a perfect overnight stay for our appointment at Sheffield Hallam because the road leads directly there without having to navigate Sheffield traffic.
The staff made you feel right at home and nothing was too much trouble. Very relaxed atmosphere and very comfortable accomodation. The stories that are written on the wall in the Hotel just add to the history and atmosphere of the place - I loved it!
I slept really well and the breakfast was really good too. This was quite a few weeks ago as I have not had chance to write a review before now!
Thank you so much to all staff for their very warm welcome, I am sure we will meet again!
Ellyn and Shirley Pyne

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamford
George Hotel
The Yorkshire Bridge Inn
Samuel Fox Country Inn
Samuel Fox Country Inn
#1 of 6 in Bradwell

Been to Snake Pass Inn? Share your experiences!