“Nice”

Rose and Crown
Ranked #2 of 97 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rose and Crown is a friendly village inn where we pride ourselves on serving restaurant food at realistic prices. Our menu changes frequently with a focus on freshness, flavours and quality seasonal fare. These can be accompanied by our varied selection of New and Old World wines or our traditional ales.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a good night at the Rose and Crown. It was a Thursday and if it hadn't been for the birthday party at the back of the restaurant, it would have been us and one other couple. The prices were very average, I think we paid around £50 for the two of us with quite a few drinks. The food was OK, quite nice but not memorable. My partner was disappointed with the fish cake starter as there were only two fairly small balls ;-) should have been three really. I had the caesar salad for main which was lovely and my partner had the tagine which was nice enough but very similar to what I stick in the slow-cooker at home. I'd recommend the restaurant if you're staying nearby but don't expect anything revolutionary.

1  Thank laura_h_d

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently visited with family for a birthday celebration. Excellent menu, the Beef Tagine simply dissolved in the mouth, Fillet of pork was delicious, Most main courses were under £10 which is amazing for home cooked food of this quality. Desserts were under £4 and were all home made. I can recommend the brandy snap basket. Service was friendly and well paced. We went mid week and the pub was buzzing. Other local pubs please note - this is how to run a village pub!

2  Thank keenreader
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We like this pub/restaurant very much. Excellent food. Beautifully cooked. Nice pub atmosphere but more of a restaurant. Excellent service.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have visited a few times and have never been let down. Well cooked food at reasonble prices. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

A lovely little place to stay, well complemented by a friendly workforce. The food throughout was excellent and the rooms were impeccably clean, comfortable and very well furnished.

Only reason I didn't give a 5 was that a little more option at breakfast would be nice.

Overall, thoroughly enjoyable an highly recommended.