“Bling interior outshines the food - but only just!”

Anayas Premier Indian dinning
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friends who live locally chose to take us here as they rate it as the best in town. It probably is, offering competent and sometimes adventurous Indian/Bangladeshi dishes as well as all the usual favourites. Nothing we had disappointed and presentation was creative and colourful. It was fairly busy on the Saturday evening we visited but not thronged, and service was fairly prompt and efficient despite there being two party tables in the room.
Prices are on the high side compared with similar restaurants in the Derbyshire area but a lot of thought and expense seems to have gone into the fairly high end furnishings and decor, which are modern Indian in execution. To be frank, the lighting impressed me more than my choice of dishes... I've eaten better food from the subcontinent but I'd given the chandeliers 9/10.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (395)

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Was sceptical of the reviews that I had read about this place but I shouldn’t have worried.
The food was amazing from the sharing platter to start with to the Rajasthan lamb main everything was excellent
Service was polite attentive but not overbearing.

It’s not the cheapest curry house ever but could well be one of the best and I am from Bradford which could be classed as the curry capital!

Meal for two with drinks £65

Reviewed January 7, 2020

My partner and I dined here this evening, what an exceptional place it is. Great service, and fabulous food, and it is a beautiful venue. We will return and make this our date night favourite place to be.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

After a wonderful stay in Ashbourne we decided to finish with a meal out - what an absolute delight - a terrific meal, actually like no other Indian meal I’ve (we’ve ) experienced before - amazing service, quality of food and nice wine. A fine dining experience. The surroundings were lovely. All in all a lovely end to our week in Asahbourne x

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

We were staying away from home and saw this had fab reviews.

Called for a takeaway at 6.30pm (on NYE) and we were advised straight away it would be approx 2 hours for delivery.

Food arrived 2 hours later... fresh and warm apart from the chips (for our children). Cannot fault the food... it was delicious. Thanks Anayas!