“Excellent all round”

Dining options: Reservations
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We visited as a party of 20 ish. From booking to the end of the meal the staff and food were excellent! We pre ordered via email ensuring that no one forgot what they ordered! Options were good and Portions were massive.... And the quality was there too! Good wines friendly staff, good food and a lovely atmosphere, I just hope we weren't too noisy!!!!
Thankyou to all the staff at the ketch for a top evening!!!

Derby, United Kingdom
“Consistently Excellent!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have had the pleasure of visiting The Ketch several times recently - steak night, pie night and sunday lunch. Each time has been a real treat. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The food is wonderful and the prices are really reasonable. The place has a lovely modern yet traditional pub feel and it's always buzzing in atmosphere. The portion sizes are big enough to satisfy any appetite and the choices are varied and plentiful. I would recommend The Ketch for couples, family and friends.

• Visited March 2014
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Sat night at the ketch ashbourne”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Food and drink top class, surroundings clean and warm, but service just let it down, felt they need to start turning customers away which I understand no one wants to do, as sat night service let them down, a lot of people seemed to be going to the bar asking when their meal or order would be arriving, it took three attempts to be given our table and another 35 mins to place the starter order! Fantastic meal when it arrived but feel they will become a failure of their own success by taking too many bookings that they cannot cope They will book again!!!!

Visited March 2014
TheKetchKniveton, Owner at The Ketch, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate all feedback.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, and my sincere apologies about the Saturday night service, it wasn't up to our usual standards, unfortunately you caught us on a bad night.

I, as the owner normally run the front of house, staggering the orders and showing people to their table, unfortunately we we're two kitchen staff down, one(the other half) was stuck on the motorway after rugby, and the other was off ill. We also had a new member of bar staff on the bar, I should have been there guiding them etc but unfortunately I had to go into the kitchen to ensure meals we're served, and most meals came out in good time.

I apologise your table took three attempts, I'm the one who eventually sat you. Unfortunately a table that was booked in for 8pm turned up at 7.30 and weren't very happy that their table wasn't ready, this might of been who you saw going up to the bar and getting very cross and we're also sitting on your table! There table was ready at bang on 8pm for them, and this is why I stagger the bookings, so everyone doesn't arrive and want to order at the same time. Then another booking decided that they fancied your table, normally I'm running the front of house and would guide everyone to their correct table, I'm so sorry that we were seemed so un-organised on this evening.

I take on board your comment about turning people away, which after getting busier and busier week on week I have started doing, we're still a young business so we're trying to get the balance right, I would rather have 10 happy customers than 50 unhappy customers! Your comments are much appreciated and I hope that we see you at The Ketch soon!

Elli Leahy
Wirksworth, United Kingdom
“Steak Night”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went last night for Steak Night (every Friday night - book so as not to be disappointed). Really busy and a great atmosphere. First time we've been for Steak Night but the food was great and plenty of it. Downside was that didn't leave enough for pud! Decent Ales and friendly and attentive staff.

Will have to check it out for Pie Night on a Wednesday and Burger Night on a Thursday. Puddings yet to be tasted but have high expectations.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank rhodeon
“Steak night”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Came here one friday for the steak night. Very reasonable prices @ £6. Good sized portion. Also lovely Sunday dinner. Would recommend

• Visited November 2013