“Excellent”

Ranked #20 of 96 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Be warned you need to book a table. We called at 4pm for half 7 and just got the last table for 6pm. (Friday night, steak night). We ordered a sirloin and a ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly and were so juice and tender ( almost melt in the mouth ) also took the sticky toffee pudding which was lovely. Pity we stay in Scotland! Worth a try, excellent value for money.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate here on Friday night 'steak night' the steak was perfectly cooked and presented with Chips, onion rings,salad and extras such as colslaw and mushrooms ... I also had the cheese sauce which was great to dip my chips into ... all 4 of the steaks we had on our table were cooked how we ordered. My two year old had the kids meal and this was a generous portion and looked nice. The staff were attentive and even tho the place was jammed there was a nice atmospher, also the restaurant is decorated to a modern high standard...the website is worth a browse as they do other themed nights such as pie night which we cannot wait to try ... will return :-)

1  Thank b00kerT
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just arrived home frrom having lunch At The Ketch with two friends, Very, very pleasantly surprised. Although I don't live many miles away, I had'nt been to the Ketch for a few years.The pub was beautifully decorated and clean., The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. The food is good quality pub grub, tasty and well presented, we unanimously agreed that lunch was well worth the money and we will be going back .The gardens and grounds are well presented and cared for,The weather was sunny today and I could see this being an ideal place to take children for a dayout.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This pub has gone through mixed fortunes in recent years and it seems to have really come together with its recent change of ownership.

I have now been three times and each time I have been most impressed with the staff and the food. This is good quality food, with a simple, but comprehensive menu, offering good choice and high quality fresh food. On my last visit my parents had Sunday Roasts and were very impressed with their meals.

Service is not ultra quick, but that is no bad thing and probably reflects that the meals are each freshly prepared. Portions are generous, hot and very well presented.

The bar and dining areas are extensive and pleasantly furnished.

The revitalized Ketch is a welcome addition to the Ashbourne food scene and I will definitely be going back.

I wish the new owners every success with the Ketch.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We called the evening of 9/9/13 it wasn't very busy so thought we wouldn't have long to wait for our food. ( how wrong we were) a table of three were seved first then the table of four got there starters, thought we would be next as we were only having fish and chips & scampi & salad. So we waited & waited the barmaid plus waitress went to the kitchen came out with two plates & went to the table of four (which have already had their starters) would it not of made more sence to cook ours
whilst they were eating their staters? We waited well over half an hour for our meals and only 9 customers eating.
The meal was served by the cook himselve and he did say sorry for the wait. Don't know if we called on a bad night but think they do need to get more staff.