“A warm welcome!”

Thistle Bank Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashbourne
Thistle Bank Guest House
Ranked #11 of 26 Ashbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely few days staying at Thistle Bank Guest house. We were made very welcome by both Cindy and John. The rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfasts are probably amongst the best we have had. Freshly prepared to order and very tasty. We will definitely recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having just spent 3 nights at the Thistle Bank Guest House, we could not fault it. A very warm welcome from Cindy and John. We arrived early but this was not a problem. A modern building with everything you could wish for. The room was large with en suite, tea making facilities, plenty of drawers and wardrobe space. The breakfast was great and well presented. I have a gluten intolerance and my partner is vegetarian, neither was a problem for our hosts and we were well catered for. With only a 5 minute walk into the market square in Ashbourne, ideally situated for the many great restaurants. This was our second visit to Ashbourne within a year, our first to the Thistle Bank but we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A very pleasant stay, a comfortable room and nice breakfast. Very handy for the town but in a quiet part. Clean and well looked after with parking on site. I was made to feel welcome and the price was comparable to the local Travelodge with the added bonus of breakfast! Recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mcvicar1
Reviewed April 6, 2013

More than 3 months after booking 2 rooms, I had an email with just under 3 weeks to go questioning whether I had cancelled. On confirming I had not, I was then told they had overbooked & were cancelling us. Whilst sympathetic to the bereavement offered as reason, there is clear evidence of normal functioning of this B&B this year as evident in other reviews so I can not understand how / why my booking ( for 3 generations including our 4 year old daughter, booked as we should have been attending a family wedding in the area) was an 'error' when confirmed in writing through several emails since January. So if you have a booking, I would be very suspicious of whether you actually had somewhere to sleep when you get to Ashbourne.

Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed March 6, 2013

When the hotel(Izaak Walton) I had had booked for 11 months failed to respond to phone calls and emails I was left needing some 33 rooms for the guests attending my wife's surprise birthday party in a weeks time.The Miraj in Ashbourne "rescued" me but were unable to provide all the rooms I needed.They recommended the Thistle and I booked my daughter (39) her partner and his brother and wife in there. So although this is not a personal review it is genuine and an honest one based on my daughters stay for 2 nights.They would return again without question having experienced comfortable good size rooms with all modern facilities including a small fridge/chiller.Good location with easy access to Ashbourne and parking on site. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank bluenose580
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friendly hosts and a nice comfortable B&B in a quiet part of town, but within walking distance of all local amenities. This was a good base for our walking weekend in Dovedale, and it comes recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We got married in may and visited many of the b&b's around the area looking for accomodation for our guests. Thistle Bank was by far the best. Great big rooms all with en-suite. Cindy and John were so welcoming and the breakfast was fantastic. Two min walk into the center of town, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012