“Just as the Locals warned”
Review of Bengal Cottage

Bengal Cottage
Ranked #79 of 95 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Service was very slow, food was okay but not amazing. Cost was reasonable. Nothing to write home about

2  Thank 1stFloridahome

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Initially wary, the Bengal Cottage was the choice of some friends.
The food was excellent, service very good and it was exceptional value.
I was delighted with my meal- until I tasted my wife's; all 4 of us were very happy!
The clincher, though, was what good value it was.

1  Thank D14N3
Reviewed June 30, 2014

No matter how many things go wrong nothing ever seems to stop me and my friends returning to the Benegal time and time again! :)

Yes you often have to wait a long time for your food even if it isn't busy, yes they have no staff and yes they are often rude but the food is always top notch, tasty and filling! There is just something about this place that's makes you return. Perhaps it's the price tag...there are not many places you can go and order a curry, naan and rice for less than a tenner each!

Yes there are many bad things about this restaurant but as a local what can I say I'll be visiting again many more times!

1  Thank Foodie8787
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went here for a meal which included our party of five, it was not busy. We waited 2 hours for our meal which when it arrived was very good, however having to continously ask the 2 waiters where our food was got boring after the 1st hour. Novel bringing your own alcohol and reduces the bill significanlty.
In summary good food terrible service.

2  Thank marcusbolam
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The service was terrible, rude and slow, some of the order didn't arrive, leaving one of the party visiting the chip shop down stairs! Take your own drink...take extra you could be waiting some time!

1  Thank richard s