“Very nice place lovely food .”
Review of Stepping Stones

Stepping Stones
Ranked #32 of 95 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Next to the Travelodge Hotel, five minute drive from Ashbourne Town centre and twenty minute drive from Alton Towers and Derby City Centre. Easy access from A52 and A50 and open every day.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My first choice to have a meal is the Stepping stones . Always freshly cooked . Very nice place. We like the gammon and the cirrus are very tasty. My hubby always goes for the chicken.

1  Thank shirlz
TheSteppingStones, Manager at Stepping Stones, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2016

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This new reataurent has no pretensiosn to grander, but offers good value food with excellent service. They are especially good for family visits with a attractive menu fo rchildren and an outside play area. Can be every busy at times when nearby Alton Towers is attracting a lot of visitors.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stopped in with our Daughter & Son in law for a meal, great accessible pub, lovely waitress, the food did take a while to come but well worth the wait. Will definitely call in again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stopped here for a meal on our way from splash landings. Staff were really nice. But me and my hubby were very disappointed in the Sunday lunch. It was tasteless. And wasnt very warm, infact the people that we saw being served sunday lunch before us had massive home made yorkshire puds... when ours came we had small ones from the freezer eg aunt bessies, and they were actually freezing cold....The service was very slow. The pub itself is lovely. But probably wouldn't eat there again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spotted the pub/restaurant driving from another hotel in Cheshire to East Midlands airport and fancied some food. On entering I went to the bar for a drink. Asked the bartender if they had a menu and if could sit anywhere free. As I went to find a seat I sat a perused the menu and the same bartender came and took my order. I thought I would have to go to the bar which was a bonus that I could stay in my seat. I placed my order and was offered some comp nachos and dip whilst I waited. Very good service. Thought the prices on the menu were average but the menu perhaps needs some more imagination. I had gammon and chips. Which was very nice! I think only thing that was missing was a table check. Nobody came and asked me of the food was okay. Being from a hospititality background I think this is a chance to find out if someone's unhappy. Other than that though. All team members smiling and helpful! 9/10. Would be 10/10 if I got a table check :-)