“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Scottish, British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Never been to this pub before but really glad we tried it out. Great value food and portions. Really friendly staff and good service.

1  Thank Emma B

Reviewed July 1, 2014

After having my partners daughters brace Off, we thought we we would give her new gnashers a treat. Googled Steak and hey presto! The starting platter was of a fair size, but couldn't do 5 people, as we were told, we barely had enough with 3 people. However it was cooked well, but the lunchtime mains were 2 for £12 which was great value as my partner had a lovely steak and Jasmine had scampi both came looking lovely and I had rump steak with the best chips I think we have all tasted in a long time. All in all a good meal and we will be visiting again.....>>>

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had a lovely meal here with my partner, we both ordered the rib eye steaks which were delicious, the staff were helpful and very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble, would highly recommend the Bowling Green Inn....you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank 233chillipepper11
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Enjoyed a meal here with my boyfriend, we were staying in Ashbourne for a few days in a cottage close by. The food & service were both great, the quality of the steak is up there with restaurants who would charge twice this price!! The merlot isn't bad either. Would definitely recommend if your in the area.

1  Thank catswhizkers
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My parter and I were searching for a place to eat in Ashbourne and a nice local couple suggested we go to the Bowling Green Inn. When we arrived we were greeted by the incredibly friendly staff and seated right away with drinks bought to our table. The seats were very comfortable and the decor was fab. Our waitress went out of her way to help us and ensure we had a positive dining experience as well as being really lovely to speak to. When our steaks were served they was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious.

Very reasonable prices, delicious food, a great friendly atmosphere and absolutely wonderful staff. Whether it be for a Sunday pint or a family meal I highly recommend a visit to the Bowling Green Inn.

1  Thank Josie M