TripAdvisor

Review of The Okeover Arms

The Okeover Arms
Ranked #11 of 105 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Country pub with bed and breakfast set on the edge of the Peak District close to Dovedale, lots of lovely walks for all abilities, close to Alton Towers, Carsington Water, Ashbourne and the Tissington Trail. We serve good quality pub food with an extensive choice also offering a gluten free menu
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A good find in the Derbyshire dales for bargain priced meals & a shortish walk from dovedale. We stopped for lunch twice.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (558)

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Stayed in our motorhome and sampled the delicious food this pub has on offer. The satff are very friendly and the food is of great quality and quantity. Prices are exceptional in today's world and I only wish I lived nearby. Would advise to book a table in advance to avoid disappointment. My husband had the trio of sausages and I had the pork steaks special which came with a mustard sauce which was lovely. The home made chips are the best.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank smiler552
Reviewed September 5, 2019

Whilst using our Britstops membership to stay overnight in the Okeover Arms car park, we enjoyed some amazing home cooked food. My husband's pie was full of meat and my belly of pork was the best I have tasted in a long time - and the apple gravy was inspired! We hope to visit again before too long.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

First time here. Big car park easy to find. Good location. All had different meals, I had the Gammon which was well cooked hot and tasty. All meals were good. Several pints of Landlord very good. Staff friendly and helpful. Will go again

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019

My family spent Thursday and Friday night at the pub. The room was immaculate and well decorated and felt cozy and welcoming. The kids loved the two tiered family room. The play area at the back was well equipped and plenty to keep the little ones busy after the evening meal. The food was incredible and the portion size was amazing value. The breakfast choice was great as were the staff especially Chloe. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Date of visit: August 2019