“Excellant All Round”

The Royal Oak Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 95 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burton-upon-Trent, null, United Kingdom
“Excellant All Round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I visited with my partner and 2 small children after a lovely walk around Ashbourne and stumbled on this place and I have to say simply AMAZING....What lovely staff and gorgeous food and the atmosphere was great too. Even my 3 year old who is very fussy enjoyed her meal. We can't wait to visit again which will be very soon. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food, outstanding service, my new favourite restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Wow what a turnaround!! We spend a lot of time away on business up in Ashbourne and have always used this pub and its always done the job as a stop over but now it appears to have been taken over and turned into something which is just brilliant.
The menu is nothing like what you would expect in a pub, it's different, original(the lamb tagine is to die for!) and unbelievably good value I had to double check my bill twice as I thought I had been undercharged!!
I doubt this place will stay a secret for long, I promise you you will want to return!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank emily h
“Polite and Professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I visit the Royal Oak from time to time and did so again over the weekend the new management were polite and professional, the food was well presented and the new menu a nice change. I had the lamb with couscous and my partner had steak which were both excellent and both reasonably priced. In all a gem of a country pub well worth a visit .

Visited June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent chef, very friendly and personalised service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked dinner for two here after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. As it was Sunday evening, the restaurant was quiet and the waitress/barmaid gave us the ‘reduced’ Sunday evening menu. In fact, many other local restaurants are closed altogether on Sunday evenings.

Upon enquiring about vegetarian options, we were pleasantly surprised to be offered no less than three choices as well as an additional fish dish – sea bass. For the starter we ordered an assortment of delicious, warm breads with olives to share, for the main course we ordered the sea bass and a pasta dish and for dessert the home-made apple crumble.

The starter was brought out to us by the chef himself, as he wanted to find out how I would like my pasta to be cooked. We were very impressed by this personalised service. The sea bass was beautifully served in a basket with a lid and had been cooked to perfection with a very tasty variety of fresh herbs and other ingredients. The chef clearly takes pride in his work and is very creative in his art. The waitress/barmaid was also very friendly and professional.

Although the pub is very unassuming, it surpassed our expectations and we have no doubts about recommending it.

• Visited May 2013
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Good Service and Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for the third time. Rooms are spacious and airy. Lovely fluffy towels. Excellant breakfast. Staff and regulars pleasant and friendly. As we were visiting family will deffinately stay here again. Thanks to all.

• Visited May 2013