“Good Service and Value for money”

The Royal Oak Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 94 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Good Service and Value for money”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for the third time. Rooms are spacious and airy. Lovely fluffy towels. Excellant breakfast. Staff and regulars pleasant and friendly. As we were visiting family will deffinately stay here again. Thanks to all.

• Visited May 2013

Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent suprise”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were a party of 7 (4 adults and 3 children), our original plan was to have a meal at another pub a few miles away, we were turned away, instantly due to being busy!
My friend phoned up the Royal Oak and asked if it would be OK for us to come (keep in mind with young children) and it was past 7pm.
They were very accommodating and confirmed it would not be a problem.
So 30 mins later we arrived, the reception was very friendly, we sat down and looked at the menus, at first glance it seems the options are a little limited but including the specials makes the number of choices good.
Between us we had the Chilli Con Carny, Steak and Ale pie and a fish dish, between the children they had sausage and the fish meals (the child's fish and chips looked fantastic).
The food came and it was really, really good, we all ate our mains and went onto the puddings.
There was a little mix up with one of the children's desserts but the staff did not hesitate and came back (to the delight of my youngest) with the correct one.
We have lived in the area for several years and have not been in here for around 5, all I can say is that this has been a very pleasent find and that we will be visiting again :)

• Visited April 2013
midlands
“Gorgeous Pub Food!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Evening meal for 4 which we ate in a cosy corner of the bar next to a roaring fire.

Classic country pub surroundings. Spotlessly clean. Very Friendly efficient server (young lady, long dark curly hair.)

The menu along with the specials makes for tough choice's!!

I had garlic mushrooms and the homemade curry.

I love hot curry and requested extra chillies if possible as the server said it came medium, this request was fulfilled with a smile and my curry was fab! Great poppadum :-)

I can heartily recommend this pub. There is a formal restaurant in the adjacent room, but the roaring fire was too much of a draw for us!

Can't wait to return, maybe for Sunday lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Ashbourne
“Quality every time!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Beautiful food; Sunday lunch, the meat melts, I'm a stickler for hot plates, I like my food hot, great team, excellent chef and well RECOMENED.

• Visited January 2013
Huddersfield
“great food in warm friendly surroundings”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

One of the best stuffed aubergines I've ever had and my friend loved her pie as well. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a warm fire when we arrived on a snowy day. They coped well with my request for gluten free veggie food with no fuss. The decor is well designed and comfortable. And I loved the snowman and dog/cat/bear they'd made in the garden the next day.

• Visited January 2013