“Yummy yummy yummy!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We ordered takeaway for 6 of us. The order was delievered with everything present as required - quite an achievement! Six empty plates at the end of the meal tell the story. Quite simply the best curry I have had - paneer rezela for me and an asortment for everyone else.
I wish the Red Chilli was closer to home!

1  Thank whatdoyouknowjo

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the Red Chilli, this place wouldn't be out of place in amongst the competition in West Yorkshire! Surroundings are modern, food was well presented and very nice. The naan's for example some of the best I've had in a long time. Cost wise, you're looking at what would be considered higher end in W Yorks but I guess without the competition this is average for what is a tourist town. Overall though pretty good!

1  Thank Jason P
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Red Chilli is good with tastey dishes. However, no matter what you ask for it is always served mild - Add some Red Chilli Pleeeeeease! Having said this, it means my young children love it and can eat anything on the menu. The service is efficient and courteous. In my opinion it is too pricey - priced at restaurant prices, rather than a the curry-house prices I'm used to!

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently had a meal at the Red Chilli in Ashbourne and we were not disappointed. Yes the food is pricier than other Indians, but it's worth paying the extra. It's tasty and well cooked and the atmosphere is great. We dined on a Saturday night and the restaurant was packed. However the service never slipped once and credit must be given to the staff. We did have to wait a while for the food but we didn't mind at all as our drinks were topped up and don't mind waiting when the food is all cooked to order. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ate here with a friend on a Thursday evening.
We had poppadoms and pickles, starters and mains. The lime pickle is deathly hot!
For starters we had samosas and garlic prawn puri. The puri was a new-try and was nice although could have done with a few more flavours in there.

For main we had lamb biriyani, chicken tikka jalfrezi, chips and a chilli and cheese nan.
Chips were average fries, but the actual dishes were nice and tasty and good strength, and the chilli and cheese nan was amazing - full of both chilli and cheese.
We didn't realise the biriyani came separate with lamb and a pile of rice on one plate, and the veg curry sauce in a bowl - so my friend had lots to eat, which she couldn't manage!

We asked if we could take the leftovers home for my friends' hungry hubby - this was all fine as they do takeaway too so was not a problem.

Can't say much for the wines though as we had one of the cheapest whites so I can't say how good the more expensive ones are (and I am not a connoiseur!).

Pretty good value really and we had an enjoyable evening. In my opinion it is the better of the two Indian restaurants in Ashbourne - the other is VERY slow service, and looking at current reviews can see that this hasn't changed - as in you are drunk before you receive your dishes slow (yes even if you have booked); due to a 2 hour wait on an empty stomach, and I think the quality here is better too. (I don't often complain - check my other reviews).

The Red Chilli is a quieter atmosphere but perhaps undeservedly so.