“Expensive for an average meal”

Red Chilli Indian Restaurant of Ashbourne
Ranked #44 of 94 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Expensive for an average meal”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The meal was average and expensive. The samosa's pastry was dry and no flavour. The main meal was average but the sauce on the shaslick was very rich and felt I was eating a chinese rather than Indian. Overall not impressed.

• Visited November 2012

Nottingham England
“Very expensive for a sub standard meal!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at Callow top and ordered a takeaway meal that was delivered. The prices were very expensive, but I dont mind as long as I get a nice meal!!!
Found them very rude on the phone and when I asked for a breakdown in price they were not helpful at all.
When the meal arrived, it was luke warm, and because we didnt have a microwave, we couldnt heat it up.
The popadoms were soft and the lamb tikka was extremely tough!!! We ordered 2 rice between the 3 of us (2 adults and 1 child) and normally this is more than sufficient, but the rice containers were not even full.
would not recommend this!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank paulette_hancock
Sarwar A, General Manager at Red Chilli Indian Restaurant of Ashbourne, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. We take our customer feedback seriously. We are always trying to keep our prices competitive and we believe that they are in the derbyshire and derby city area.

I can recall speaking to you when taking the order and if anyway I was rude to you I do apologise. The first thing you said to me before making the order was that we are really expensive. You wanted a breakdown of the price yet you had a menu at callowtop and we also have a menu on our website.

I am sorry that you received your food luke warm and we do try to ensure our food leaves the building within 15 minutes of being prepared. Our delivery driver at the time took three deliveries in one go and we apologise for the service.

I will be speaking with our staff to make sure all of the points are addressed.
Dursley, United Kingdom
“Very good Indian food”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

An unplanned visit on a quiet Thursday night, recommended by a local hotel. Food was excellent, the meat in my Lamb Jalfrezi was beautifully tender.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank OJDurzle
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Indian Heaven”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food was not overly spicy but the flavours, the service and the presentation of the restaurant was spot on. We had a lovely meal with a starter, sides, mains and drinks for £35 for 2.

Visited October 2012
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“India in Ashbourne”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Whether you want to eat in or a takeaway the food is consistenly good. A really comprehensive menu ensures everyone can find something to entice them.

• Visited September 2012