Just back from 6 nights at Callow Top. We returned this year as we loved it so much last year. Its a great location, good size pitches, lovely wildlife and very green.
All I can say is what a difference a year makes!
This year the toilet block and showers were dirty even after the cleaners had been in, most of the time they just seemed to change bin bags and move the wet floor sign to a different position. There was even "poo" on the tiles in the ladies which remained all week even after reporting it. We never smelt any cleaning products except just before we left in the tent field toilets, this was probably because they were about to close till the following weekend.
At least we had a great time together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Callow Top is an award winning family run holiday park on the edge of the Derbyshire & Staffordshire Peak District.Our 4 star facilities include a heated swimming pool (May - Sept,) shop, children's play area, cycle hire, pub & restaurant, coarse fishing lake and our very own micro brewery. We take tents, trailer tents, caravans & motorhomes and also have two holiday cottages on site.We're within easy reach of the market towns of Ashbourne, Matlock, Bakewell and Buxton. Local attractions include Alton Towers (20 mins drive,) the Heights of Abraham, Trentham Estate, Chatsworth House and lots more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Callow Top Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Callow Top Holiday Park Hotel Derby
- Callow Top Holiday Park Ashbourne, England