Arrived on Friday for a two night stay with my husband and son. Great family site - the facilities for kids are great. We stayed on field 4 which was close to everything, although a bit noisy at night with people coming back and forth. Swimming pool and playground keep the kids busy and there is a nice family atmosphere around the place. There is a shop which sells everything you might need and at a reasonable price too. Toliet facilities were always clean and not many queues either. You do have to pay 20p for a shower but they were hot and clean. On a negative, we found it hard to sleep with the small anount of people who weren't bothered about the 11pm curfew - ask for a pitch further away form the cafe area and this probably wouldn't be a problem.
Will definately return with kids in tow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Callow Top is an award winning family run holiday park on the edge of the Derbyshire & Staffordshire Peak District.Our 4 star facilities include a heated swimming pool (May - Sept,) shop, children's play area, cycle hire, pub & restaurant, coarse fishing lake and our very own micro brewery. We take tents, trailer tents, caravans & motorhomes and also have two holiday cottages on site.We're within easy reach of the market towns of Ashbourne, Matlock, Bakewell and Buxton. Local attractions include Alton Towers (20 mins drive,) the Heights of Abraham, Trentham Estate, Chatsworth House and lots more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Callow Top Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Callow Top Holiday Park Hotel Derby
- Callow Top Holiday Park Ashbourne, England