Sandybrook is a nice, friendly and welcoming lodge park on the outskirts of Ashbourne. It has a lovely swimming pool, mini golf, cosy restaurant, an indoor childrens play area (suitable for 0-18 months and 7-15) and an outdoor play area.
We stayed in a Riber Skyline lodge which was very modern and well equipped. The staff in all areas are pleasant and helpful, the park is well maintained and service is prompt and courteous.
There is no shop, and no bar area as such (there is a small bar in the corner of the restaurant - not quite the same). There is also no soft play area and the games room is extremely limited. In addition our water tank was faulty leaving us without hot water for half a day.
We also found that the older lodges at the bottom of the site were too close together impinging on our privacy. This wasn't helped by other "rude" residents who insisted on staring in at us as they passed each day.
Overall this is a lovely site but is more suitable in our opinion to couples and older families than younger families. Having a 3 year old we prefer Darwin Forest (the sister park).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-star Sandybrook Country Park is set in the former grounds of Sandybrook Hall and provides a peaceful and relaxing base to enjoy a holiday in the Peak District. Accommodation is provided in luxurious lodges which sleep from 2 to 8 people. The park has an indoor swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, bar/restaurant and a woodland walk through the bluebell wood. It also has a range of activities available onsite including archery, waterwalkerz and bodyzorbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sandybrook Country Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandybrook Country Park Hotel Derby
- Sandybrook Country Park Ashbourne, England